Android L on M3 Note 3GB /32GB

Hi All,

Before I start explaining, I have only come from iOS to Flyme recently (V 5.1.3.2A not updated to 5.1.3.3 for some reason through auto update).

My main frustration with Flyme is :-

1. When typing in English, auto correct removes spaces between words and numbers for example, “flyme 5” always gets auto-corrected to “flyme5”.

2. Phone call audio volume at the loudest setting through a headphone is very very low. I think the audio driver is capable of more volume, so its probably a software problem. As music through headphones reaches a louder volume.

3. You cannot mute SMSes from certain contacts. Please correct me if I am wrong.

4. You cannot block phone numbers, you can only block contacts. Please correct me if I am wrong.

5. I live in Australia and hence the Chinese applications I cant use and I need to remove them.

6. Some app notifications just don’t appear.

I feel like the best solution is to convert the phone,if its possible, to Android L. I have not rooted the phone (nor do I know how to).

Can anyone be kind enough to at least tell me if this is possible ?

Thank you.

last edited by paradigmsick

Well, we need to unlock its bootloader then only possible. currently there is no such method exist for meizu m3 note
if you want to get rid of chinese app
then do this
root it from kingroot app and then remove all those chinese craps app from system

for other bugs/glitches you mentioned may be fixed in the future via updates

where is the chinese app located in ? I have rooted and EZ file manager installed now.

Also this phone after the 3.2.A update charges very slowly but doesn’t heat up anymore. I rather the phone heat up than to charge this slowly.

Its useless to have a 4000mAh battery that needs 10 hours to charge. Absolute garbage.

@paradigmsick said in Android L on M3 Note 3GB /32GB:

where is the chinese app located in ? I have rooted and EZ file manager installed now.

Also this phone after the 3.2.A update charges very slowly but doesn’t heat up anymore. I rather the phone heat up than to charge this slowly.

Its useless to have a 4000mAh battery that needs 10 hours to charge. Absolute garbage.

go to root(root directory) /system/app and root/system/priv-app
for deletion of chinese app.
update to this firmware http://flyme.cn/firmwarelist-25.html#3
it solves all the bugs relaated battery and even camera is quite good

also can you share me your (stock) recovery …by taking backup from flashify app

Contributor

@paradigmsick bootloader is locked you are stuck with FlymeOS end of the story.

If you use a Meizu M3 Note then you must use FlymeOS.

@Ultrametric said in Android L on M3 Note 3GB /32GB:

@paradigmsick bootloader is locked you are stuck with FlymeOS end of the story.

If you use a Meizu M3 Note then you must use FlymeOS.

instead of saying this if we start trying to unlock bootloader…then it will be good for us :P

Contributor

@maheshawana3333 That’s not so easy.

And the story goes on: If you unlock the bootloader you need someone to make a usable ROM.

So problem 1: unlock the bootloader (very unlikely)
and problem 2: somebody must make a stable Android ROM for Meizu phones (never ever will this happen).

-> You are stuck with FlymeOS on Meizu, this is it.

@maheshawana3333 That’s not so easy.

And the story goes on: If you unlock the bootloader you need someone to make a usable ROM.

So problem 1: unlock the bootloader (very unlikely)
and problem 2: somebody must make a stable Android ROM for Meizu phones (never ever will this happen).

-> You are stuck with FlymeOS on Meizu, this is it.

well if you can help me to unlock bootloader of this device…i will give you best rom for this device because in india there is similiar device called as yu yunicorn(you can call as copy of same meizu m3 note but without bootloader lock) is released and they promised to release first time mediatek source so probability is higher for cm roms etc… for meizu m3 note
even if this is not worked then atleast we could port roms for this device…like color os ,aosp roms and many more.

ps : i’m android mtk developer (you can check my profile @xda m@nish123)
also i tried many ways to unlock bootloader but failed every method on this device.

last edited by maheshawana3333
Contributor

@maheshawana3333 sorry, I can’t help you in this.

very few people have this phone and all who want custom Roms don’t buy it.
Don’t hope for miracles.

If you want custom Roms, just don’t buy a Meizu.

@maheshawana3333 sorry, I can’t help you in this.

very few people have this phone and all who want custom Roms don’t buy it.
Don’t hope for miracles.

If you want custom Roms, just don’t buy a Meizue

Meizu devices are good in build quality and many things…just bootloader stuff and no support from meizu is sht .anyway soon will unlock this sht and will start development for this device

last edited by maheshawana3333
Contributor

@maheshawana3333 I don’t think you will unlock it :P

Yeah one guy wrote it nicely.
All Meizu does is:
-> Selling new phones and every 2nd to 3rd month they spam a new one.

Meizu’s focus is on selling phones and have short term customers. (It’s a short term solution that brings in some money now, but loses on the long run.)

last edited by Ultrametric

Looks like your connection to Meizufans was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.