No Android M for new M3 Note
Contributor

Hello everyone.

I just read this and need to share it with you.
Link: Meizu about Android Updates

A short summary:
Meizu thinks it’s good enough to deliver Flyme OS a custom User Interface and have it all running on top of Android L instead of going for Android M or Android N.

Why does it matter what India does:
Because the global and India firmware is the same. If India doesn’t get Android M / Android N, that means Global phones won’t get it either.

Bad side effect:
If the new released M3 Note doesn’t get Android M -> How likely is it that older devices get it?

Edit:
The title is catchy! In fact Meizu only said: No updates anytime soon. I translated this to never.

last edited by Ultrametric

@Ultrametric
Good job Meizu
Sarcastic Clap

last edited by Asiier

what about china version?
its well get android m??

i have the m3 note 16 gb …
its a real diffrent between 2gb ram and 3 gb ram??

my phone its laggy and i am on the latest version?

its not smooth like m2 note why?
meizu will fix this laggy

These news don’t surprise me.
Last March, an interview with the general manager of Flyme development team (Pony) was published and removed after few days in the Flyme Official forum.
These were his words:

“FF: So, I got a few questions about Flyme that are concerned by our forum users. The first one would be when Flyme 5 is going to rollout Android 6?
Pony: The new models which will be released in 2016 will all built on Androd 6.
FF: And what about those models before 2016? Will Flyme provide an update?
Pony: I think for previous models, the main task for Flyme is to keep the firmware as stable and smooth as possible. Android 6 has not much modifications or highlights in functions. Some functions sucn as permission control, fingerprint, fast charge, etc are actually already acheived on Flyme 5. If we cannot upgrade to Android 6, we’ll do our best to add more features to Flyme to compensate that.”

The phones born with Lollipop will die with that OS version.

@Asiier said in No Android M for new M3 Note:

@Ultrametric
God job Meizu
Sarcastic Clap

I guess you mean: Good Job

Contributor

@maxant69 the issue goes further than that.

If Meizu officially says fuck Android we are making a custom skin, and that’s all.

This brings the following:
-> FlymeOS is far behind and will fall far more behind.
-> New security features will not be implemented. (Sucks for Android Pay / Wallet)
-> Meizu won’t pay Google royalties -> this will annoy global customers.

Very simplified Meizu said here is: Neither will Meizu invest into Google nor Android.
And that’s a big bummer for every single Global customer Meizu has, in my opinion.

last edited by Ultrametric

@viper Yep, hahaha

they are piece of shit. We don’t even have a fully working and bug free android 5. How they can bring us 6 when they don’t complete 5 yet!!!
Actually problem is not flyme os itself as I found it very good UI among all android custom UIs. Problem is that they cannot support flyme os well.

last edited by sors

@sors said in No Android M for new M3 Note:

they are piece of shit. We don’t even have a fully working and bug free android 5. How they can bring us 6 when they don’t complete 5 yet!!!
Actually problem is not flyme os itself as I found it very good UI among all android custom UIs. Problem is that they cannot support flyme os well.

Their core business is to sell new models (most of all in China), they don’t care about software.

@maxant69 if they cannot support flyme well they can use CM android or main google version, porting new version of them for their devices aremuch easier than creating flyme os and update hole os

Contributor

@sors oh yes, you are so right.

But that would mean Admitting that FlymeOS was a fail.
And Alibaba still pays Meizu money to make a FlymeOS powered by YunOS.

I think they just don’t care about Android. FlymeOS on YunOS still has “priority” because Alibaba has loads of money.

@Ultrametric Then they can hire some good developer to do what xiaomi did with MIUI
Their main problem is lack of good developers. Flyme main designer is very creative and respectful but, supporting an idea and improve it is different story then creating it. Meizu is only good in creating new thing and that’s it! But is it enough to gain success?

Looks like your connection to Meizufans was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.