What am doing wrong with the update

Hello

I have downloaded the new firmware for the M2. I place the zip file in root but the icon stays a zip file, it does not change into that Flyme update icon.

Just touch the file and the pop up window will ask you for the system update

When I touch the file a pop appears with two options “View” or “Extract”. I get no update option.

I have the same problem … can any one give us some advises? :/

This post is deleted!

Extract it to the root directory then it would be able to update.

@pein08 and where can i find root directory?

you might wanna try to use legacy file manager of Flyme… i had the same problem when using other file manager than legacy one… try it… might do the trick…

And where can I find legacy file manager of flyme ?!? I try and other option, turning of the phone,pressing volume + and then turning on my phone. I went on the update loader I press start , after finishing searching its says “firmware corrupt” any help ?!

firmware corrupt appears when you try to install a different version than the one you have on your phone… what version you have? which version want to update to? legacy file manager is the file manager used by flyme…is the file manager the phone comes with preinstalled…

@DanCo90 I want to install 5.1.6A firmware on my phone… My version of my phone is Flyme OS 84.5.4.1A
I tryed both A and G versions but I had the same result’s :/

you might wanna try another trick… turn off your phone… enter update mode (volume up+power) … wait for the options (update the system and erase all data)… connect the phone to PC… will charge as RECOVERY… put the 6.0 A firmware in that partition and hit update on phone… it worked for me… might do the trick…

@DanCo90 said in What am doing wrong with the update:

you might wanna try to use legacy file manager of Flyme… i had the same problem when using other file manager than legacy one… try it… might do the trick…

This…

@DanCo90 are you sure its gona work ?! I have the phone 1 week I don’t want to buy a new one…

there are very few chances to brick the phone… i had a bootloop myself and did that … it worked for me (i have a Pro 5 - the procedure must be the same for all devices)… what you practically doing is helping the phone to find the firmware you wanted installed into your phone… if you do this… you will see that after the upgrade, if you connect the phone again using the same procedure, the recovery partition will be empty … again… i say that are very few chances to brick your device… it’s your call…:D… let me know what you decided…:)

Looks like your connection to Meizufans was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.