m2 4.5.3o to 5.1.6.0G
Meizu MX4

Hi everyone. My m2 came with 4.5.3O (TCCM). So I found out that I am safe to update to 4.5.4I by downloading the firmware. Does anyone know if its safe to update to 5.1.6.0G?

Update: I was reading on some forums that people did it, so I tried and it works. I went from 4.5.3O to 4.5.4I to 5.1.6.0G. Hope I helped someone, cheers

last edited by Jovica Lalic

@Jovica-Lalic said in m2 4.5.3o to 5.1.6.0G:

Hi everyone. My m2 came with 4.5.3O (TCCM). So I found out that I am safe to update to 4.5.4I by downloading the firmware. Does anyone know if its safe to update to 5.1.6.0G?

Hi, my came with 4.5.3.i TCCM to, but even it download it, it cannot autoupdate to 4.5.4.i (wrote fw corrupt)
The same happening when trying to update to 5.1.6.g
any solution?

Meizu MX4

I dont see why you have a problem if it came with the I version which stands for international, mine came with the O version. Maybe it was converted to the I version, so you must convert your rom before updating? Check this. Maybe some more experienced users can help you more, I bought this phone a couple of days ago. I’ll try to install 4.5.4I and report back to you.

last edited by Jovica Lalic
Meizu MX4

4.5.4I installed successfully on my phone, something’s wrong on your side,maybe download the update.zip again

Looks like your connection to Meizufans was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.