Please enable / Bitte aktiviere JavaScript!
Veuillez activer / Por favor activa el Javascript![ Reload ]

All links opening in browser but not in their Apps :(

Hi,

After upgrading to 5.6.5.10 and the two more firmware came after, all my links in any application open only in browser instead of their application.

For example, if I have a location in whatsapp, it opens in browser but not in Google Maps.

I’ve checked the default applications, but nothing is their.

Appreciate the experts input.

I experienced the same bug and it’s very annoying. I discovered a temporarily fix.
Go to apps>default apps and the choose the Flyme Browser.
You need then to disable/freeze it using CCleaner, titanium backup or any similar app.
Now you should be prompted with app selection anytime you open an applink.
As I said it’s a temporary fix as it will get undone after sometime, I don’t know why, but just re-enable browser and redo the same steps…

@iChebbi Thanks, Ive tried it but didnt work :( I tried to kill browser using TB and CCleaner. Today, the system asked me to Upgrade to 5.1.6.0A (I think that was a downgrade) and I did but that didnt fix the links issue.

Hope they fix it soon.

@msayed said in All links opening in browser but not in their Apps :(:

@iChebbi Thanks, Ive tried it but didnt work :( I tried to kill browser using TB and CCleaner. Today, the system asked me to Upgrade to 5.1.6.0A (I think that was a downgrade) and I did but that didnt fix the links issue.

Hope they fix it soon.

I suffer this issue as well and i found a simple solution. Just install app name “better open with” and change the default browser to this app then see the magic :D

Meizu MX4 Pro

@shurtugal89 It worked also on Mx4 Pro!!! Thanks!

Install “Better Open With” app and change the default browser in Settings --> Apps --> Default Apps to this app. Works like a charm!

Was this ever resolved? I’m using 5.1.9 and everything still opens in the browser instead of app

Looks like your connection to All links opening in browser but not in their Apps :( was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.