Mode art

hi, does anyone know if you lose data through my meizu mode mx3 art !? What are the real benefits?

inviato da il mio Meizu mx3 flyme 3.8

Administrator

Hey @cobraviola,

First of all:
No data will be lost by enabling ART, but it can happen that some apps need to be reinstalled (didn’t happened to me).

ART is Android latest runtime, which is avaliable next to Dalvik (in Android L, ART will be enabled by default).
Basically ART creates some sort of cache on your disk, which results in longer install times (0,1s) and more space usage. Against this ART saves you RAM and speeds applications significantly up.

I for myself enabled ART and I am quite happy with it, otherwise I think that it might be useless on a Octacore phone like the MX3, because the system has more than enough power.

No you won’t lose your data, it will just take quite a long time in the first boot (depends on how many apps you have installed). Mine with around 30 apps takes about half an hour.
As for what’s ART pros and cons (yes it has cons too) there’s a very good video, linked below, that explains it all.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5oliXcOqxg

thanks for the reply, I proceed now! ;-)

Seems I cannot change to ART mode, I’m at 12% battery connected to the wall charger.

Might it be it can’t update unless it is minimum at 20%?

Btw, where has the feature of accessing the recent apps bar from full screen apps?

Sent from my M353 using Tapatalk 2

@‘henxu’ said:

Btw, where has the feature of accessing the recent apps bar from full screen apps?

You should have an icon in your notification bar that says full.
Enable it and while in your full screen app swipe from the LED light’s side to the middle of your phone.

@‘nnkos’ said:

@‘henxu’ said:

You should have an icon in your notification bar that says full.
Enable it and while in your full screen app swipe from the LED light’s side to the middle of your phone.

Darn! that was so stupid by my part!
Thanks, I was thinking that the issue would be a dumb one.

I will look if I can solve the ART issue.
Thanks again

Contributor

@‘henxu’ said:

Thanks again

There is a minimum battery limit but i don’t remember how much it is… Charge it above 50% should be way more than enough…

What happens when you try to change to art mode?

@‘GreyGhost’ said:

@‘henxu’ said:

Thanks again

There is a minimum battery limit but i don’t remember how much it is… Charge it above 50% should be way more than enough…

What happens when you try to change to art mode?

I’ve tried to change into ART mode with 89%, but no effect.

It just acts as if it were a standard reboot

Contributor

@‘henxu’ said:

Happen to have Xposed framework installed? That can interfere with changing modes…

@‘GreyGhost’ said:

@‘henxu’ said:

Happen to have Xposed framework installed? That can interfere with changing modes…

Darn, you’re right. Totally forgot that ART wasn’t compatible with ART mode yet. Thanks

Contributor

Yes… Xposed has a failsafe that revert back to dalvik mode when you try to change to art mode automatically…

Looks like your connection to Meizufans was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.