MX4 are not as cheap as intended

If you take a look at Meizumart.com you will find the preorder option for the mx4, the price is about 450$ (350€), not as cheap as we thought (220€)… Its a fair price anyway, but a bit untrustworthy, if meizu specify a cheaper price first.

Just keep the higher price in mind, if you want to buy a MX4.

Administrator

Thats normal - check the MX3 for example.
The price of the MX4 is based on the local one.

Contributor

Well they are including “Shipping + Import Duties” too in the price so it isn’t insanely overpriced.
Considering Third party resellers selling at much higher price and there is no guarantee you will be able to get past taxes even if they put on a cheaper invoice… 449$ might not be too bad you know…

The question is for example that you haven’t to pay import tax in Germany,only the 19% vat. I would like to know if this also included in meizus price. They only write TAX?!

If you live in a country where there’s a very low risk of being taxed (like the Netherlands), you can save over 100USD by using a TaoBao agent for example. Still, €350 is not too bad if you ask me.

Contributor

@‘tetotrink’ said:

The question is for example that you haven’t to pay import tax in Germany,only the 19% vat. I would like to know if this also included in meizus price. They only write TAX?!

You will have to mail them to confirm… I “think” vat is included im their tax part… But just confirm once…
Check out the mail address here : https://m.facebook.com/meizu/photos/a.154866321293114.32541.114733325306414/634512296661845/

I asked meizu but still no reply :(

Administrator

Think about the time zones…

More expensive than the price in china, maybe the import tax, translation of international flyme os, shipping and Ad costs all makes the increase of price.

Administrator

Wrong.

The MX3 for example costs arround 180€ in China with 16GB, while Meizumart wants 310€.

At Meizumart only the shipping is included in the price, but NOT THE TAXES!

However, this just has 1 reason.
Chinese average pay is arround 360€, so put it into relation with a MX4.
Meizu wants to reach many buyers, no matter if their pay is high or not.
Also if Meizu would ask for a high price in China many people would probably refuse buying it (there are endless alternatives).

So basically Meizu charges us more, because we earn more.

You can discuss now, if this is fair or not, but I think it is.
Meizu remains with that price a concurrent for producers like Samsung, HTC and Apple and offers even more features.

If think for a price of nearly 400€ (incl. VAT), it is still fair and cheap.

Although, the average monthly salary might be €360 (I don’t know where you got this number), the average salary in the ‘top-tier’ cities is way higher than that. For example, the average salary in Shanghai is €3600 per month and the average salary in Beijing is €2900 per month, according to SalaryExplorer. Sure, there are some highly paid jobs which affect this number significantly, but I believe this gives a better view of the average Meizu buyer than your €360/month.

Contributor

@‘AOKP’ said:

Wrong.

The MX3 for example costs arround 180€ in China with 16GB, while Meizumart wants 310€.

At Meizumart only the shipping is included in the price, but NOT THE TAXES!

However, this just has 1 reason.
Chinese average pay is arround 360€, so put it into relation with a MX4.
Meizu wants to reach many buyers, no matter if their pay is high or not.
Also if Meizu would ask for a high price in China many people would probably refuse buying it (there are endless alternatives).

So basically Meizu charges us more, because we earn more.

You can discuss now, if this is fair or not, but I think it is.
Meizu remains with that price a concurrent for producers like Samsung, HTC and Apple and offers even more features.

If think for a price of nearly 400€ (incl. VAT), it is still fair and cheap.

I know for mx3 they did ONLY shippimg charges.
But for MX4 they claim to include both shipping AND import taxes. Check out the link to their facebook post I’ve posted above.

But yeah I think they will charge a bit more for international customers above that too… Cos the options for international customers are limited… For example getting the one plus one or xiaomi phones without 3rd party resellers is pretty difficult…

Dont know how they will do price with import tax. It varys by country. If so the price would vary depending on the country you order it from.

Here in Germany if something gets here with DHL Express it goes to the DHL Customs. DHL Charges a minimum fee for doin customs of 10 Euros.

If no shipping costs are on the invoice they also add a shipping fee of 86,66 Euro to the total price.

Im pretty sure only shipping costs will be included to the price. However on the meizumarket site they state import tax is included.
Ive seen something similar on other sites, but they did also charge the extra fees even when the item will be free of charge.
Dont know whats actually more trouble. get money back from seller or from customs because they did calc wrong.

Then again Meizu charges 449$ for mx4 with 16G thats about 347 Euros. while in china it costs 225 Euros. We have 19% tax to pay if you take 20% because its more easy to calc it would be 45€ more so 270 Euro. I dont know how much shipping with DHL is and for sure tax ould be calc with total costs shipping and item price but 77 Euros difference seem a bit high.

When i buy a MX3 from a good seller at Aliexpress the MX 3 incl. DHL shipping will cost 280$ thats 216 Euro.
So it seems DHL shipping cost not that much or the seller gets the MX3 very cheap from somewhere.
I bought 2 MX3 from that seller they booth new and original.
Meizumarket still charges 399$ for the same Version of the MX3 with no tax included.

Dont know in case for the MX4 you wont find it cheaper somewhere else, because all sellers add extra for more profit.
In case of the MX3 i would (and did) rather buy it from Aliexpress seller.

You can easily get it starting 260€/16gb when stock available.
Chinese way is quantity not margins.

This is the reply from mzcs@meizu.com:

"thanks for your email.

MX4 will ship from China, but the price included 22%(MAX) taxes for each customer."

So it depends on each EE country’s tax percent but the 22% it is a decent percent. Good policy from meizu i think.

Looks like your connection to Meizufans was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.