Flyme OS 5.6.5.17 test firmware (Pro 5)
Admin

Changelog:
Firmware Highlights

• New clean-up of similar photos, help reduce the space occupied.
  • Add Wi-Fi network security testing, to stay safe online.

Set up

• Network security: Adjust Wi-Fi details page interface, increasing the Wi-Fi network security testing, to stay safe online.
  • Dual card Ringtones: support for dual card set different ringtones.
  • International traffic: dual card network management and increased international traffic entrance.

Browser

• New: Added “content recommendation message” switch.

Mobile butler

• Similar photos: slim new phone similar photos cleanup capabilities to help reduce the space occupied.
  • Optimization: Optimization of virus killing and traffic management capabilities.

Guest mode

• Optimization: Screenshot guest mode automatically hide suspension ball.
  • Optimization: guest mode hides notification bar shortcut entrance switch.

Desktop

• Optimization: Adjust the size of desktop icons, icon display optimization.
  • Optimization: When editing the folder title cursor color dynamically adjusted based on the color of wallpaper.
  • Optimization: Adjustment notification bar icon size Bluetooth keyboard.

Lock screen

• Optimization: Optimization lock screen text color algorithm.
  • Fix: interfaces flashes when repairing bright screen unlock the desktop.

Third-party compatible

• Repair: YY Live can not use the front camera.
  • FIX: partially encrypted application locks the screen standby, unlock entered the application will return to the desktop.

Information

• Optimization: adjusting message page night mode display.

Toolbox

• Optimization: Optimization Tool default brightness mirror.

Weather

• Optimization: Optimization weather hot words search plugin update policy.

Notification bar

• FIX: Real-time network speed instantly closed Wi-Fi, mobile data abnormal.

Landscaping theme

• FIX: theme detail page, click on the Save button no response.

Download:
Flyme OS 5.6.5.17A

Source:
Flyme OS 5.6.5.17A

After using it for a few hours I can say it runs pretty fast, no lags or mayor bugs encountered yet. Notifications seem to be working with 8/10 messages, at least a lot better than in older versions ;) overall I’m very happy with this beta right now.

@schuphil Are you rooted with xposed installed? If there’s one consistent thing I have noticed over the various Flyme releases is that they are usually quite snappy until you install xposed. Then the quality of the user experience drops a fair bit…

I’m using it from yesterday. Flashed dirty 5.6.5.17 A on previous 5.6.5.3 G and than I converted it into italian lang :p

Well, all works, really good. Wifi speed seems to be better and minor bugs fixes…

@PYCON said in Flyme OS 5.6.5.17 test firmware (Pro 5):

alt text

Is this the chinese beta? How did you apply the italian language?

Do you have the link to download the version 5.6.5.17G ?? I found a post where people were speaking of it but I wasn’t allowed to access to the link (even with a fresh account) http://forum.flymeos.com/home.php?mod=space&uid=25045581&do=thread&type=thread&view=me&from=space

last edited by DjFun35

Updated to this firmware and have now lost my unlocked bootloader and TWRP :(

followed all steps I took in updating past firmwares with flashing the bl_unlocked.zip and the TWRP_3.0_m86.zip along with the Flyme update.zip but either something went wrong of this latest build changed something.

My phone isn’t bricked or anything (thank God) but I’m still pretty bummed.
Don’t what happened. Did everything I did numerous times before.

@DjFun35 said in Flyme OS 5.6.5.17 test firmware (Pro 5):

Do you have the link to download the version 5.6.5.17G ?? I found a post where people were speaking of it but I wasn’t allowed to access to the link (even with a fresh account) http://forum.flymeos.com/home.php?mod=space&uid=25045581&do=thread&type=thread&view=me&from=space

Your link seems to be restricted, also if I’m registered to Official Flyme forum :(

Anyway, I’ve not flashed 5.6.5.17 G but I flashed 5.6.5.17 A and then translated it into Italian ( and other langs ) with the tutorial ;)

@ShadowOfDeth said in Flyme OS 5.6.5.17 test firmware (Pro 5):

Updated to this firmware and have now lost my unlocked bootloader and TWRP :(

followed all steps I took in updating past firmwares with flashing the bl_unlocked.zip and the TWRP_3.0_m86.zip along with the Flyme update.zip but either something went wrong of this latest build changed something.

My phone isn’t bricked or anything (thank God) but I’m still pretty bummed.
Don’t what happened. Did everything I did numerous times before.

Woah ! Why this ?! Have u remembered to change 2 files in the ZIP update ?!

@PYCON unfortunately not. Don’t remember doing that in the past either but always managed to update and Keep the unlocked bootloader and TWRP.

I’ll just have to do the whole thing again when I get home. No big deal.

last edited by ShadowOfDeth

For explaining other little problems…

Every beta “A” that I try, every time, I’ve a more restrcted behaviour :

• normal apps, like messages, phone, etc… for first times I run them, they ask to me some OBVIOUS permissions, usage of data, of signal, etc. OBVIOUSLY ! Why ask ?!

• in background, after some mins, my apps are killed… I’ve every time to set them in white list to avoid system killing them… bah !!!

• autorun at boot… Even if I set an app with all possible permissions, to run it at startup, not always it’s working at phone boot up. That’s boring :(

I just installed the last release and I have problem to have it in Italian.
I followed the guide for the framwork files replacement but nothing changed. I took the apk file from version 5.6.3.0 G.

I also cannot use Google now application instead of the flyme launcher.

Any idea?

@famiddi said in Flyme OS 5.6.5.17 test firmware (Pro 5):

I just installed the last release and I have problem to have it in Italian.
I followed the guide for the framwork files replacement but nothing changed. I took the apk file from version 5.6.3.0 G.

I also cannot use Google now application instead of the flyme launcher.

Any idea?

IT -> Hai sbagliato sicuramente qualcosa ;) Scrivimi…

EN -> U’ve done wrongly a step. Certainly ;) Write to me…

last edited by PYCON

Looks like your connection to Meizufans was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.