Multitouch problem

Hello. I bought MX3 CN few days ago. Multitouch doesn’t work on left and right edges of the screen (25px). Single touch works just fine. It’s hard to play the games, where buttons are positioned near to the edge of the screen (as in Crazy Taxi). One touch constatly cancels the other. Does anyone else have such problem? What do you think, is it a hardware or firmware issue, or this strange behaviour is normal? Thanks!

Admin

I’m a ~10 month MX3 owner and haven’t experienced anything similar during my period of use. It sounds like a hardware problem at first (Which I hope it isn’t), but just to make sure, which firmware version are you running on? Maybe you should update/reinstall firmware, and if the result is no better, try updating again with clearing data - it’s known to fix surprisingly many bugs from time to time. Good luck!

I had 3.5.2. Then I made factory reset, it didn’t help. Then I downgraded to 3.1 with clearing data, it didn’t help either.

Contributor

Try running one of those multi touch testers available for free on google play to see if the screen is really having trouble detecting multitouch of the game has some issue.

Also newer firmwares have “full screen” toggle in quicksettings make sure it is disabled. Cos with it enabled it will capture touches near top of screem to give you notification bar.

Admin

I don’t seriously think this would be your solution, but you could still cross your fingers and try an Alpha-state firmware from here. (The ones with the letter A in the end) Warning - test firmwares aren’t stable releases so you might experience some bugs with them.

Another thing I suggest you to do is download Multitouch Test (or a similar app) from Play Store and post a screenshot of the results here.

Looking forward to your reply.

EDIT:

@‘GreyGhost’ said:

Also newer firmwares have “full screen” toggle in quicksettings make sure it is disabled. Cos with it enabled it will capture touches near top of screem to give you notification bar.

Oh, that’s a great point, totally missed that out!

Thank you for your replies.

I don’t have the “full screen” option in my settings. Maybe it’s available only in HK phones?

I’ve already used some multitouch testers. The result 25px from either edge of the screen is what they show. I think it’s hard to explain with screenshots. But the behaviour is following:

The screen is 1080 pixels wide. When I touch with one finger I can access the 0th pixel on the left and the 1079th pixel on the right. But when I hold my finger on the centre of the screen, and then slide with my other finger to the right or left edge of the screen, I can reach only the 24th pixel on the left and the 1055th pixel on the right. If I go further, the second touch disappears.

The other bad thing happens, when I hold my finger on the centre of the screen, and touch the “dead zone” ( < 24px, > 1055 px) the second touch doesn’t appear on the screen. But when I lift my second touch (that didn’t appear) it cancels my first touch, even if I’m still holding my finger on the centre of screen.

And if I try to touch the “dead zone” with 2 fingers simultaneously, the touches cancel each other.

On Y axis everything is fine. I can touch with 10 fingers the top and bottom edges of the screen. And get the 0th pixels and 1799th pixels.

I don’t know if alpha firmware helps. I think I’ll contact the dealer tomorrow and try to replace the phone.

Admin

That is in no way normal no matter if full screen toggle was enabled or disabled. (You need to swipe right in the notification toggle area to access more toggles!) Seems like a kinky issue, and more and more hardware-related, which means you possibly need to have your phone replaced. :(

Sent from my M353 using Tapatalk

Same here. And before you send back your phone to China… I don’t think it is a hardware issue. In my opinion it’s a protection against accidental touches near the edges because of the thin frame.
If someone can show an MX3 which works differently, then we can start worrying about it. :P

kutkut

Same here. And before you send back your phone to China… I don’t think it is a hardware issue. In my opinion it’s a protection against accidental touches near the edges because of the thin frame.

If someone can show an MX3 which works differently, then we can start worrying about it.

But I think this thing:

The other bad thing happens, when I hold my finger on the centre of the screen, and touch the “dead zone” ( < 24px, > 1055 px) the second touch doesn’t appear on the screen. But when I lift my second touch (that didn’t appear) it cancels my first touch, even if I’m still holding my finger on the centre of screen.

It is really annoying. Does this happen to you too?
Can anyone else, even if you think, that everything is ok with you phone, perform the multitouch test please? To clear if this a feature or a bug. I will postpone my call to the dealer. :s

kutkut, do you have a HK or CN version of the phone?

Contributor

Oh you guys are talking about portrait orientation. I just checked that and have the same behaviour as you guys…

I always assumed you were talking about top amd bottom cos you reffered to games :P

Left and right behaviour seems to be like you said… Never really noticed it. But don’t think it is an hardware issue…

Same for me :) but i never noticed that “bug” or how you want to call it? ;)

@‘kujira’ said:

It is really annoying. Does this happen to you too?
Can anyone else, even if you think, that everything is ok with you phone, perform the multitouch test please? To clear if this a feature or a bug. I will postpone my call to the dealer. :s

kutkut, do you have a HK or CN version of the phone?

Yes it does. And yeah, it could be annoying sometimes. When I use Swype for example…

I have CN version.

I guess, I just have to get used to it. Anyway the phone is really cool. :P

Looks like your connection to Meizufans was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.