53.4 fps bug.... do you experience it too?
Meizu m2

My m2 is an international 4.5.4.i phone, bought in the EU. My problem is: I cant get the fps above 53.4 frames per sec in any app (maybe its hardware related??). I tried it in every app (that shows the current or max fps, like benchmarks etc). I believe, that it should can reach the 60pfs (as its the standard for mobile and desktop screens). For me it its annoying, the phone (menu, laucher, apps, youtube etc) arent as smooth as on other phones. I tried it with and without xposed installed with the same result. i check every services that can slow down the phone, but didnt find anything. Do anybody have this “bug” and know how to get it to 60 fps?
Thank you for the help!

Contributor

@chromix What are you trying to achieve?

Are you sure that you mean fps and not Hz?

Like here: https://www.reddit.com/r/pcmasterrace/comments/3aagdr/noob_question_what_is_the_difference_between_60hz/

And usually everything above 30fps is smooth, but dunno.

last edited by Ultrametric
Meizu m2

Yep, i think its hardware related, maybe the screen itself cant produce 60hz so the 60 fps cant reached too (i wrote FPS cos programms can measure fps, but the max real fps is limited to the screen-hardware). 30fps is good, but not smooth, you can clearly see the difference. Difference between 53 and 60 isnt that much, but noticable too, and annoys me. So i want to achive to get it work in 60Hz and 60 FPS too.

30 vs 60 FPS

Contributor

@chromix The Meizu m2 with the MTK 6735 inside is pretty weak.

It is hard to say what the bottle-neck really is. Several things can make it feel like having laggs, from running out of RAM to slow ROM or weak SoC in general and most important a not-optimized firmware.

I think you should not waste your time on maximizing the performance of a weak phone.

You can try different Rom’s, give YunOS a shot and see how that goes., Clear data when you upgrade.

The SoC is weak, your phone is not for gaming. I am surprised if you get 30fps at all… And outside of gaming it should not matter much.

last edited by Ultrametric
Meizu m2

Its not about the SOC, it runs games pretty well,(hearthstone, wot blitz). I get 53.4 fps at all… not 30 :))) and thats the problem! why i cant get 60fps, for ex. in a 60fps video??? its always maxed at 53.4… maybe the “fps-lock” is rom related, and i should try a different rom, but i doint want to unlock bootloader yet.

Admin

@chromix other question - did you tried a fresh re-install of the device?
If there is a software issue it is most likely going to fix it.

Meizu m2

yes, tried it, but reinstall did not helped:(

Admin

@chromix then you might be facing either a hardware limitation (cannot go any faster) or a bricked part of the mainboard/GPU.

Looks like your connection to Meizufans was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.