FM Radio

Can´t imagine that the meizu pro 5 comes without FM Radio… Is this really true? no chance except via internet? Its idiotic to use the internet for listening FM Stations, isnt it?

Many modern devices come without fm radio chipset.
Why exactly it’s idiotic?

It causes senseless internet traffic and costs money… If you want to listen to internet radio stations you can if you want via browser… for me a smartphone without FM radio is not acceptable, I couldnt imagine that people will build a smartphone without a fm radio, so i didnt look for this “feature”, i take this for granted in high end smartphones…

Many modern and well known devices come without Fm Radio.
The popular Nexus devices, some LG and other brands as well.

Personally I use my BT headset for fm radio, so I guess it’s a matter of personal need.
There is no right or wrong.

Most phones this days come without FM transmitter :) Probably because mobile internet costs are getting lower and lower, and many people listen to music from internal memory.

Admin

@Tymcio well thats not entirely true. Most people here use Spotify for their Music as most carriers (namely Telekom) offer a contract where you get data + free Spotify streaming. But yes, it is absolutely true that most phones do no longer feature FM transmiters, except cheaper ones.

Looking in the mirror: See: Mothers little helper: “What a drag it is getting old” … ;-)

Admin

@borisku imagine when the time will come and cars will no longer feature FM Radio as well. Instead they are all going to stream from Spotify & Co. our favourite music :P

@rey Probably a time sooner than you think like how else are we going to get more frequencies for newer mobile networks, such as the upcoming 5G??

Meizu Pro 6

@Roberto said in FM Radio:

@rey Probably a time sooner than you think like how else are we going to get more frequencies for newer mobile networks, such as the upcoming 5G??

Cellular systems don’t operate in the 100MHz FM range. You cannot get enough bandwidth there.

4G operates from just below 1GHz up to approx. 3.5GHz.

5G will go even higher. Up to 100GHz is being considered…

Contributor

@borisku If you care about your internet traffic!

Then you can not buy a Meizu! Please be aware of it.

FlymeOS system apps on global and Chinese firmware constantly talk to Chinese servers.
When you start the app, when it’s in the background or closed.
This is for all FlymeOS system apps, like folders, messages, video …

So this means for you:
You can not say “I care about my internet traffic” and use FlymeOS at the same time.

But: The traffic created by those apps is not too much. So don’t panic.

last edited by Ultrametric

Looks like your connection to Meizufans was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.