Please enable / Bitte aktiviere JavaScript!
Veuillez activer / Por favor activa el Javascript!

Upgrade international Pro 5 to Chinese flyme

Hi,

I wonder if it’s possible to upgrade my Pro 5 (international version) to an A flyme version like 5.1.5A as the Chinese stable update come faster than the international one.
P. S : I don’t want to root my phone…

Admin

Of course it is. Check the Wiki for an upgrade guide. There is no need to modify anything. I’d only advise you using “Clear data” to avoid any bootloops which can occur during the dirty flash.

I was wondering the same thing and also can we go back to I version toing and froing? I also dont want to root as I havent understood why one needs to do that in the 1st place. Sorry to be such a nincompoop.
If someone can point us to where that was discussed I would be grateful… rgds to all

i got this when i clicked
/topic/5246/upgrade-international-pro-5-to-chinese-flyme/wiki.meizufans.eu Not Found
You seem to have stumbled upon a page that does not exist. Return to the home page.

@ca876 said in Upgrade international Pro 5 to Chinese flyme:

I was wondering the same thing and also can we go back to I version toing and froing? I also dont want to root as I havent understood why one needs to do that in the 1st place. Sorry to be such a nincompoop.
If someone can point us to where that was discussed I would be grateful… rgds to all

Hello again,
Sorry to ask another time but I just called Meizu in China and they told me that if I do update to Chinese version, it could break my phone and cause damages with the network and a lot of other things. Additionally, Meizu France told me that I would lose my constructor guarantee.

So is Meizu lying so that I don’t update or is there a real risk?
I just want to be sure before I update…

Thanks

Admin

Thats just a bad lie. All the firmwares provided by Meizu have to be considered as official firmwares and as no lock is placed inside Meizu’s recovery it can be argued that they are supposed to work on all devices.

So yes, they are lying. The only risk you might face is a bootloop. To prevent this be sure to use “Clear data” option during the upgrade!
If you do this everything will go fine, if you need some more instructions or want to read about the differences between the A and I/G firmware check our Wiki.

Ok thanks! And if I face a bootloop, can I turn my phone off to try updating again or will it be stuck with nothing to do?

@Rey thank you so much!! This forum is so adorable! :)

Looks like your connection to Upgrade international Pro 5 to Chinese flyme was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.