Please enable / Bitte aktiviere JavaScript!
Veuillez activer / Por favor activa el Javascript!

• Meizu MX5 - turns off when battery lower than 60%

its the 3rd day since my phone turns off when the battery is lower than 60% :(. i have firmware 5.1.3.0 G, initially was the Chinese version.

the only way to get it back working is to plug it in. when recharging i can press START button and will work. it.s frustrating to know that when you reach 60% of battery it will expect to turn it off. I try restarting and i get the Flyme logo and then “Optimizing apps…”. then turns off again (when is not plugged in)

Do you have any advice? Also, how can i backup my apps, when on this version there is no Flyme account (UserCenter)? how you all doing it. i.m just thinking to install a Firmware test version but i know i have to “clear data”. in this case all my apps are gone, also contacts and stuff from my phone. any suggestion?

appreciate your support!

• If reinstalling the firmware with clear data doesn’t works it is most likely a hardware failure. It could be the battery itself or the mainboard.

Meizufans on Facebook
    Meizufans on Twitter
    Meizufans on Google+
    READ THE WIKI FIRST!!!

• @Rey - hi, thx for response.

• i rooted the phone
    • installed “system tuner” from Play Store (as recommended by user “dearman” in other post “shutdown randomly”)
    • changed the CPU values to 2.15GHz.
    • result - still turns off when battery is around 55%.
      just tried this hoping i will trick the shit phone. but still shuts down.

@Rey - should i install the same Firmware version? i am running on 5.1.3.0G. or should i try a test version, or perhaps the stable 5.1.4.0A?

thx again.

• @Rey - i can only turn it on if i plug it in. then battery heats up but phone starts.

• @flav2501 you can try a different firmware - for sure. But you seem to be quite alone with this issue. Therefore I assume it won’t help.
    And the heat of the battery definitely indicates something is wrong.

Meizufans on Facebook
    Meizufans on Twitter
    Meizufans on Google+
    READ THE WIKI FIRST!!!

Posts 5Views 568

Looks like your connection to Meizu MX5 - turns off when battery lower than 60% was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.