Meizu Pro 6 - A truely intersting device
Admin

Sorry that I forgot to post the last few news articles here.

Meizu unveiled its new “flagship” today - the Pro 6.

Click here to read the full article.

Contributor

i dont know… once again i cant call it premium device… i could call Pro 5 premium… and cant call this one… i didnt saw any info on official page about image stabilization… so we have a new design… smaller screen (wtf right?) smaller battery (wtf right?) weaker CPU (and again wtf?) same camera sensor (i must say again wtf?) they changed Sapphire glass protection for more cheaper Gorilla glass one… lol…

they did a great push forward with M3 Note… and a huge fail with Pro 6…

It looks quite disappointing so far. It’s not really an upgrade over the Pro 5. They always liked to brag about their hi-fi audio which actually is very good but the pro 6 has nothing special. Looks more like an MX6 than a Pro 6 to me

Contributor

@Anice29 imagine how crappy would be Pro 6 Mini…

You are wrong. There is no OIS in this phone still :)

In my opinion, instead of focusing on hardware components, Meizu should improve the software (i.e. Flyme, in particular the international release). It’s worthless to have a premium device with a bugged software.
PS: I have the PRO5

Contributor

@Tymcio yeah info on websites is a mess… thats why i contacted Meizu a few hours ago to clarify OIS status… so far i think its not there…

Meizu MX4 Pro

@Latstyle why can’t we actually add it manually for example with an App ? i believe Sonys xperia cameras also have Software stabilization so why not Meizu Phones cams

Contributor

@mx4pro software is a different thing… it help a bit… but still… if you own a premium device you would want a quality stabilization… and best quality would be Hardware Optical Stabilization… but yeah it is possible to make Software Optical Stabilization as Apple did… but it requires development… and we saw how software development happens in Flyme division…

good quote from the web that exaplins those

OPTICAL Image Stabilization is a hardware thing (with the optics of the camera), involving self-stabilizing, moving lenses
They CAN, however, bring Digital Image Stabilization, which is digitally analyzing the video and trying to crop and rotate accordingly to stabilize the image, but you might lose certain portions of the full video. OIS doesn't lose anything because it's stabilizing the lenses, not the digital output.
last edited by Latstyle

That’s really disappointing, smaller screen and battery, i will stay at Pro 5 for a while, even can’t use the actual Flyme Versions because of notification issues, will see where the Flyme journey goes….
@Rey: nice rant!

last edited by Herrjemineh
Contributor

So past shows Meizu fails hard at the Software part… and now it also fails at the hardware part… wtf did just happen :(

for me it looks like the pro 6 is the successor to the MX5 and the successor to the Pro 5 will be the Pro 6 Plus as some rumors suggested. Maybe Meizu decided to remove the MX line and go for Pro ‘x’ and Pro ‘x’ Plus.

Contributor

@Anice29 said in Meizu Pro 6 - A truely intersting device:

for me it looks like the pro 6 is the successor to the MX5 and the successor to the Pro 5 will be the Pro 6 Plus as some rumors suggested. Maybe Meizu decided to remove the MX line and go for Pro ‘x’ and Pro ‘x’ Plus.

there will be only Pro 6 Mini… you dont need any rumors now… as whole Roadmap of Phones that Meizu will release this year already was shown to people. so we know exactly what phones will be, and Pro 6 Plus not on the list.

Looks like your connection to Meizufans was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.