Issue installing most xposed modules on the latest test firmware

Can anyone suggest a way of bypassing Flyme’s app installer to install xposed modules? If possible.

Every time I download a module and get to the install stage it just closes. Can only get to this screen

0_1460221568196_S60409-180137.jpg

After I press continue nothing happens. Should note that I have managed to install a couple modules like normal but most others just refuse to install…

Same problem for me on the 5.6.4.7a flymeS**t.

@ShadowOfDeth I had the same issue, just go to Settings -> Security -> Unknown Sources and allow it
As well I’d recommend you to go to Xposed -> Settings -> Install Modules with root
Since some of the modules will not be recognized by the new package installer

@Asiier Thanks, man. Ended up going a different route, though.

Did the unknown sources thing but with that checked it just force closed the installer. What I ended up doing was downloading a 3rd party package installer called “Neo Package Installer” from Google play and that did the job beautifully. Worked like a charm. After downloading a module open up Neo and select it and hit install.

Thanks for replying, mate.

One other thing is ID like to suggest a couple root apps that boost performance a little bit. Been meaning to but keep forgetting.

The 1st is called “L Speed” and it can be picked up on Google Play. Works really well at smoothing out lag and helping with general performance.

The other is called “Meizu Performance Mode”. Got it from the Chinese Flyme forums and what it does is open up all the cores of the CPU so you get a nice, consistent experience within apps. Makes everything that little bit more smooth.

If anyone is interested I’d be more than happy to share a link for it.

last edited by ShadowOfDeth

@ShadowOfDeth No problem, I might do that too since Flyme’s packger installer is getting worse
It was not enough with ask for installing the official version on their shitty playstore but also now we have ads on it

@Asiier Right? Wtf is that about? Half of the apps it wants you to DL from their app store are out of date or just aren’t there.

@ShadowOfDeth #JustMeizuThings :joy:

My problem is similar but different. I’ve updated from 5.1.3 G to 5.6.4.12 G or from 5.1.3 G to 5.6.4.19 G today…

And Flyme Tools goes crazy ! In the specific, the status bar section. Look @ here :

alt text

@Rey said in Issue installing most xposed modules on the latest test firmware:

@PYCON we cannot help with unofficial releases.

Well, just for my curiosity… The behaviour of status bar is the same downgrading from 5.1.3 G of my nandroid backup to 5.1.2 G. Both official. Do u know what’s the problem of flyme tools, in this case ? :(

last edited by PYCON

@PYCON Hey, man. Have you managed to find a fix for the dodgy statusbar icon placement with Flyme tools?

@ShadowOfDeth If you are having that problem I’d recommend you either to reflash ROM or installing Flat Style Bar Indicators Module, it just change the whole status bar and it have so really neat icons

@ShadowOfDeth said in Issue installing most xposed modules on the latest test firmware:

@PYCON Hey, man. Have you managed to find a fix for the dodgy statusbar icon placement with Flyme tools?

Yep, solved :) I’ve discovered the problem : when upgrading from 5.1.3.0 G to 5.6.4.12 or .19 G WITHOUT CLEAR DATA, simply DISABLE Flyme Tools before upgrading. Then REENABLE after upgrading. In this way, status bar is normal, without strange things ;)

Looks like your connection to Meizufans was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.