Meizu MX4 Bent/Curved motherboard

Hello guys, a few days back I sent my Meizu mx4 to the warranty guys(my english is bad sorry) and today they said to me that they can’t fix the phone because it has bent motherboard (I laughed at them so hard, because I heard that first time) and they told me that I need to pay
450€ which is 510$ (I laughed for that too)
I would get it if my phone has fallen, but it didnt, the last time it was 5 months ago and the phone was idle on the table and it just died…
Do you guys know if there can be other reasons for bent motherboard ? Overheat maybe ?

Thanks.

Admin

@cy3borg well. I know that a motherboard can bend if you apply a tower cooler to it. But as we are talking about a smartphone here you can forget about that. So basically only two options remain. One would be that it always has been like that (faulty unit) or that humidity caused the board to bend.

Nonetheless for 450€ you can get 3 MX4. :D

Contributor

@cy3borg Chinese Reseller?

If so: It’s a scam. Never sent a phone back to China for repair.

@Rey said:

I know that a motherboard can bend if you apply a tower cooler to it. But as we are talking about a smartphone here you can forget about that. So basically only two options remain. One would be that it always has been like that (faulty unit) or that humidity caused the board to bend.

Yeah I know for 450€ I can get the new iPhone lol or Meizu PRO 5 ffs.

And no i’ve not sent it to china, i sent it back to my seller in my country (they are kinda official )… they have a relationship with TCCM

I was also thinking that they did it…

@Rey said:

humidity

Rey how would humidity do that ? lol

Admin

@cy3borg you ever tried to dry a wet book page? So it is with mainboards, however nowdays most mainboards feature high density PCB.

Meizu MX4

Its too small to get bent, it would snap before any apparent curvature would become permanent. They are lying through their asses probably because they simply can’t fix it.

Contributor

@meh301 And if they can’t repair it they have to replace it (At least in middle Europe)

… so that would mean a free new phone for @cy3borg . Maybe that’s why they try to bullshit you :(

I called them again and told them everything, they told me if it is a hardware problem that the warranty doesn’t cover it, annyway I just today ordered Nexus 6P for a good deal…

Contributor

@cy3borg This is even more nuts!

If it’s a hardware problem the warranty doesn’t cover it? What the fuck. (They certainly won’t cover Software problems.)

Did TCCM just tell you that you don’t have warranty on a Meizu?

last edited by Ultrametric

Looks like your connection to Meizufans was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.