Google Messenger sms sending fix!

Attention! It works on all flyme os versions on all meizu phones. Tested international version and yun os based flyme 5 latest beta

There is one bug for flyme 5 that i solved by myself: if you install google messenger from google play it will not receive an sms!!

We had this problem not solved for very long time so now it’s solved! If you install google messenger from google play you will get a blue screen with words:
"no preferred SIM selected for sending SMS messages"
This solution is simple with 3 steps:

1. To fix this problem, you need to enter the “EngineerMode” of the Meizu device by dialing number: * # * # 3646633 # * # * without a space.

2. Under telephony now go to BSPTelephonyDevTool.

3. Under the Default Phone select Phone1 or Phone2 depending on what setup you are curently using. (not tested 2 SIM cards mode)
    "Reboot device to switch default phone? " press yes.

[NEED ROOT]Additional steps for flyme 5 users not receiving an sms:

1. Uninstall google messenger
  2. Download from apk mirror latest google messenger arm64 ver 1.8.035 (2737319-40.phone) nodpi ver. Apk
  3. Install/Open es file explorer and enable root explorer option and grant access to superSU and move google messenger apk to /system/priv-app/
  4. Reboot device! All done

if anybody want to repost to other forums please add my nickname and source address for credit

last edited by mgeranimus

These steps will work on all meizu devices with stock international flyme 4 .

my phone have not BSPTelephonyDevTool option into Engineering Mode !!!
Please post a screen shot for your phone

@mgeranimus Great info, since I am already on custom rom I won’t be able to test this. Hopefully if a new Global release FlymeOS 5 is release will definitely will try this for sure.

@paiktaras said:

Mine has but it is disabled, I don’t know if the CM 12.1 does not support it could be the reason I can’t test the above steps. Once I go back to Flyme will try this to check.

Flashed 4.5.4i global rom through twrp.
Bootloader unlocked, rooted.
0_1459773927827_S60404-153956.jpg )
0_1459773936150_S60404-154001.jpg

@mgeranimus Great work! I was able to test this and confirmed it really work! Nice job mate! :thumbsup_tone2:

@zyper95 thanks, if you can please test it on flyme 5. Custom roms like cyanogenmod 12.1 v8 have options in settings but from start g messenger works so you don’t need to change anything.
I will wait for flyme 5 global version and for other new custom Roms

@mgeranimus I will try to flash one the beta version though it is based on YunOS I don’t know if some of the Google Apps will work properly.

@paiktaras said:

Your os is stock flyme 4 or 5? Flyme 5 not tested

tested latest flyme 5 beta. Works flawlessly

In flyme 5 i can’t recieve sms on google messenger. Sending ok. Reported this at flyme bug center. Anyone can test it on flyme 5a stable ant latest beta? Tried only latest beta 5.6.4.19A
Edit:solved, see top of this thread

Users which have other meizu models, can you test it that it works for sure on your device?

Looks like your connection to Meizufans was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.