Looking some solutions before to change my mx2

Hi, in the last period I’m very despondent about my mx2.
I have a HK version but…

• I upgraded to the last stable fw (3.5.1) and thare is not smart bar patch for this version;
  • There is not a 4.4 stable verision of android and all the test fw are for CN version.

For me smartbar patch is very important: I use Nova Launcher and with that black bar is orrible.

So, what can I do?

I have do downgrade my fw or there is some solution to use a CN fw on my phone?
I will have some problem to do this?

Are a lot of month that I wait for some good news…if nothing change I think I will change this phone :(

Thank you!

Contributor

Have you tried installing the CN firmware? The hk phone should let you install the CN bin file… Atleast ir does on the MX3. And then install the smartbar patch (as a matter of fact i here the latest 3.7.x betas don’t need the smartbar patch. However it has a google play services bug which you have to fix for which HondRacer has created a sticky…)

@‘GreyGhost’ said:

Have you tried installing the CN firmware? The hk phone should let you install the CN bin file… Atleast ir does on the MX3. And then install the smartbar patch (as a matter of fact i here the latest 3.7.x betas don’t need the smartbar patch. However it has a google play services bug which you have to fix for which HondRacer has created a sticky…)

Thank you Grey!
I don’t know if I understand well, my english is very poor.

You said that I can try to install the CN fw on my mx2.
And you suggested 2 way:

1. Last CN stable FW and after install smartbar patch;
  2. Last beta FW (kitkat) that doesn’t need smartbar patch.

I prefer the second way because if the beta doesn’t have big problem, I prefer to have the lastest android and flyme version.

So: do you know what kind of risk I will have?
If something go wrong, I can simply install again the last stable HK verision or I risk something more?

Thank you!

Administrator

Yes you can.

But just to avoid any bootloops or simliar, select ‘Clear Dara’ in the recovery and all should go fine.

Contributor

1. Backup everything you have!! (Very Important ;) )
2. Download MX2 CN 3.7.8A and install with “Clear Data” (If you don’t clear data going from HK to CN you may end up in boot loop)
3. You will have errors with Google services. Follow Google Play Fix Guide

4. You should be good to go. If the new smartbar improvements don’t work for you, You can request for the smartbar patch for 3.7.8 ( HR has an imeizu account so he may post links. imeizu is in chinese and won’t let guests see links :( )

5. I “think” 3.7.5A doesn’t have the Google services bug BUT it also doesn’t have smartbar stuff.

Really thank you guys!
Now I’m using a cn fw 4.4 and all is ok!
I saw that the tutorial for fix google service say that I have to uninstall google play etc…before to install the new one.
But installing cn fw I have not any google play service.
Is normal?
Can I directly install the fixed version?

@ivanisevic82 you need to follow the guide.

@‘HondaRacer’ said:

@ivanisevic82 you need to follow the guide.

It’s right Honda, sorry, I didn’t read well.

So is possible thatI don’t need to do anithing else apart to install google installer.
I saw a link in english, but I like to have the italian version.
Can you help me to find it?
Is it simply an assemblage of google app or something more?

Thank you!

EDIT: I installed the version you linked becouse I didn’t find any italian version and I thought that is the same.

So, after I click install the phone automatically reboot.
During reboot it says something like “upgrading…” and I think it installed some app.
At the end, after the reboot, I find the chinese app I uninstalled before (for example “QQ”) and nothing more…but I have google play service (before I had not it).

So it is not an assemblage of google app but simply something that allow me to install the google apps?
Or something was wrong during my installation?

Anyway, after reboot I installer playstore (I used you apk linked in the tutorial).
After I had a playservice error…

So I want to use you tutorial that says: “Uninstall Google Play Store and Google Play Services”.

The problem is that when I go in the app setting there is no way to uninstall Play Service!

Can you help me?
Thank you!

@ivanisevic82 it’s under the ‘All’ tab. If you cannot uninstall it, clear data and installing the APK will be fine I guess.

It was not necessary, after the installation of playstore and reboot, all was perfect.

I’m very thanks to all of you guys, all was simple and without problem. The new fw 4.4 cn version works very good, better than before.
For example I have no more problem with Google maps updated!

Looks like your connection to Meizufans was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.