Malicious Apps

Hy,

i have an meizu m1 note with flyme 5.1.3A.
Recently i scanned my phone with kasperky av and this found 2 threats:

1. messages - malicious (red)
  2. life app - low risk (yellow)
    Somebody else facing with this problem. What i can do? I can delete messages app?
    Thank you

L.E.: i have the phone for 24h, the firmware is fresh install and hard reset. I use the AV because the chinese apps dont give me a safe filling.

last edited by usercgc

What u should do is stop worrying.
Do you see any other members complaining about such problems?

Enjoy our phone and just consider that it’s one of the phones with no real chinese bloatware.

i think is a big difference betwen chinese bloatware and a virus. looking forward to resolve this. thx for reply

Admin

It is well known that some of the apps contain some “strange” code. However, I partially agree with @viper and would say not to worry that much.

Install purify and malware bytes

Life app u can removes, but messages tries uses google messenger or textra sms

Ok. For the moment i use “disable application Root” to disable them, to see how the phone works. I disable messages, life, videos, news, lucky money. I use instead of messages “go SMS pro” because Google message can’t manage dual sim. For now I can’t find any problems afters freezing those apps and after 1 week of testing, if everythink is ok, I will delete them.

P.S: may someone else try a kaspersky or avg scan to see if this is a general problem or is just my phone. Thank you.

LE: last night I read more about the subject and I find that I’m not the only one with this problem. But I don’t find if the global version have the same issue. Can somebody with global version to scan the phone. Deeple appreciate. Thx

last edited by usercgc
Admin

@usercgc the global version was scanned and it was confirmed to be free of any “malicious apps”.

@usercgc said:

Ok. For the moment i use “disable application Root” to disable them, to see how the phone works. I disable messages, life, videos, news, lucky money. I use instead of messages “go SMS pro” because Google message can’t manage dual sim. For now I can’t find any problems afters freezing those apps and after 1 week of testing, if everythink is ok, I will delete them.

P.S: may someone else try a kaspersky or avg scan to see if this is a general problem or is just my phone. Thank you.

LE: last night I read more about the subject and I find that I’m not the only one with this problem. But I don’t find if the global version have the same issue. Can somebody with global version to scan the phone. Deeple appreciate. Thx

For the other apps I agree,
For the messages, what is the logic behind disabling it??

Kasperky continued to consider malicious. Could be a false positive, I don’t know, but I consider to disabled it because I have the intention to delete it. I’m very disappointed about this aspect and is pitty because the phone is superb.

Thank you @ray. Downgrading and installing the global version could be a solution but I consider flyme 5 better and beautiful compare with flyme 4.

OK. I downgraded to global version 4.5.7i. Scan again and surprise :), Kaspersky find user center as low risk, and avg find user center and videos as pottentialy malicious. http://www.avgthreatlabs.com/eu-en/mobile/android-app-reports/app/com.meizu.account/details/?utm_source=TDPU&utm_medium=AAS&prod=AVF
The good part, my messages app is clean 😂. I’m the only one havin a problem with this situation? Nobody cares if he’s phone is infected. Strange 😕

Ignore, uses superuse before rooted on settings/fingerpint and security, put user center freezer not remove case u need.

thank you all for replies. i read about this problem on meizu italy (found the topic on google and translate) there was some explanations from ”meizu people”. they say is an antivirus mistake, the system is clean (global version in special). i can believe them or not, but the idea is simple, can live with that or you can sell the phone :). i will keep the phone for the moment because flyme 5 is superb and the phone appear to be well made. thank you again.

last edited by usercgc

Looks like your connection to Meizufans was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.