Hello, to make a longer story short; I dropped my phone in a bucket of water.
Took it up as quickly as I could, it was still running so it powered it off. Wiped it off with a napkin, took off the back and put it in a bag of rice.
I let it sit in the bag of rice while I had to run an errand and when I came back 30 minutes later, the phone was trying to start and got to the white meizu logo on black background, before restarting again. Stuck in a loop.
The battery felt hot and it made a weezing noise, which I know wasn’t good. So unscrewed the inner back and removed the battery. Then I let it sit in front off a fan for about 6 hours, then without fan overnight and fan again the whole next day.
Waited a few more days and now I put back the battery and tried to turn it on. No reaction. Plug in charger, no reaction. Let it charge for 20 minutes, no reaction. Remove battery, only charger, no reaction.
Does anyone have experience with MX4 and water damage? Could it be that the battery is dead? Can the MX4 start without the battery and just the charger? Or is the battery needed even if charger is plugged in?
Would a new battery maybe revive my phone?