Please enable / Bitte aktiviere JavaScript!
Veuillez activer / Por favor activa el Javascript!

Marshmallow update on Meizu MX5

*When will Marshmallow update release on Meizu mx5 in India? Please I’m waiting for it for so long *

@Ripkiller did you Google it? Did you find an ETA? If not, how would anyone know?

@Ripkiller said:

*When will Marshmallow update release on Meizu mx5 in India? Please I’m waiting for it for so long *

why do you wait for it so long? please do explain.

There was a quote from the man in charge of FlymeOS, the head OS developer, forgot his name.

And he said something like this: “FlymeOS has a lot of Android 6 features implemented, like Fingerprint, Security, … that’s great, and FlymeOS will keep on getting more features.”

Depending upon how you read this statement, that could mean: There will be no Android 6 anytime soon as the man in charge believes that adding features to Android LP is good enough.
Or: I don’t know.

Edit.
Link: http://goo.gl/NNXBep

Quote:

FF: And what about those models before 2016? Will Flyme provide an update?
Pony: I think for previous models, the main task for Flyme is to keep the firmware as stable and smooth as possible. Android 6 has not much modifications or highlights in functions. Some functions sucn as permission control, fingerprint, fast charge, etc are actually already achieved on Flyme 5. If we cannot upgrade to Android 6, we’ll do our best to add more features to Flyme to compensate that.

So… Android 7 is coming and the head of FlymeOS, the man in charge of it, doesn’t know if the FlymeOS team can implement Android 6. That’s for sure.

The rest is up for interpretations.

Xiaomi Mi5 Basic

@Ultrametric said:

There was a quote from the man in charge of FlymeOS, the head OS developer, forgot his name.

And he said something like this: “FlymeOS has a lot of Android 6 features implemented, like Fingerprint, Security, … that’s great, and FlymeOS will keep on getting more features.”

Depending upon how you read this statement, that could mean: There will be no Android 6 anytime soon as the man in charge believes that adding features to Android LP is good enough.

Edit.

Quote:

Pony: I think for previous models, the main task for Flyme is to keep the firmware as stable and smooth as possible. Android 6 has not much modifications or highlights in functions. Some functions sucn as permission control, fingerprint, fast charge, etc are actually already achieved on Flyme 5. If we cannot upgrade to Android 6, we’ll do our best to add more features to Flyme to compensate that.

So… Android 7 is coming and the head of FlymeOS, the man in charge of it, doesn’t know if the FlymeOS team can implement Android 6. That’s for sure.

Ohh OK yeah agreed flyme 5 is better then marshmallow anyway .
Still would love for more flyme updates since flyme 5 as I noticed still has a bug i.e " Wifi disconnects when screen is locked "
And what about flyme 5 update on Meizu m2?

@Ultrametric said:

Edit.

Quote:

These are the words used in the interview:
“FF: So, I got a few questions about Flyme that are concerned by our forum users. The first one would be when Flyme 5 is going to rollout Android 6?
Pony: The new models which will be released in 2016 will all built on Androd 6.
Pony: I think for previous models, the main task for Flyme is to keep the firmware as stable and smooth as possible. Android 6 has not much modifications or highlights in functions. Some functions sucn as permission control, fingerprint, fast charge, etc are actually already acheived on Flyme 5. If we cannot upgrade to Android 6, we’ll do our best to add more features to Flyme to compensate that.”

In my opinion models before 2016 will die with Lollipop.

is coming mx6 and pro 6 with android 6.

@Dimitrive said:

is coming mx6 and pro 6 with android 6.

Definitely.

@maxant69 said:

@Ultrametric said:

Edit.

Quote:

“FF: So, I got a few questions about Flyme that are concerned by our forum users. The first one would be when Flyme 5 is going to rollout Android 6?
Pony: I think for previous models, the main task for Flyme is to keep the firmware as stable and smooth as possible. Android 6 has not much modifications or highlights in functions. Some functions sucn as permission control, fingerprint, fast charge, etc are actually already acheived on Flyme 5. If we cannot upgrade to Android 6, we’ll do our best to add more features to Flyme to compensate that.”

• if the softwate update support for Meizu phones is at least 24 months (as Pony said), then Meizu should definitely update their 2015 phones to at least Android 6.
    I understand that Flyme already has some of Android 6 features, but it’s important to note that important Android 6 features such as Doze, App Standby, and Automatic full data backup and restore for apps are not present in Flyme.

• Flyme currently does not even support certain features of Android 5, such as Project Volta, Tap and Go, Smart Lock. Also, some basic functionalities such as Heads-up notifications, different icons for different apps in the notification bar, etc. are still missing in Flyme.

• Several serious bugs remain unfixed several months after being reported, the worst being the infamous Security center bug that kills apps in the background and prevents reception of notifications ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGTbL1QWymQ ).
    From what I can see here in the Forum, this bug hasn’t even been fixed in the latest builds of Flyme 5.
    So, once again, thank you for the initiative to introduce members of the Flyme team.
    This provides an opportunity for the above suggestions and reports to be considered and solved, because operational and functional basic functions of a phone are more important to the user than some of the gimmicky ones.

@Ripkiller you do know that Meizu will never read your message?

And even if you they read it, they wont give a fuck?

Are you aware of this?

Xiaomi Mi5 Basic

@Ultrametric said:

@Ripkiller you do know that Meizu will never read your message?

And even if you they read it, they wont give a fuck?

Are you aware of this?

Surely i know … And with SUCH REPLIES hahah i dont anyone would just go-on using this forums … Well anyway If you dont have any reply for this you will surely reply like that so never mind .

@Ripkiller What? I don’t get you

Xiaomi Mi5 Basic

@Ripkiller said:

@maxant69 said:

@Ultrametric said:

Edit.

Quote:

• if the softwate update support for Meizu phones is at least 24 months (as Pony said), then Meizu should definitely update their 2015 phones to at least Android 6.
    I understand that Flyme already has some of Android 6 features, but it’s important to note that important Android 6 features such as Doze, App Standby, and Automatic full data backup and restore for apps are not present in Flyme.

• Flyme currently does not even support certain features of Android 5, such as Project Volta, Tap and Go, Smart Lock. Also, some basic functionalities such as Heads-up notifications, different icons for different apps in the notification bar, etc. are still missing in Flyme.

• Several serious bugs remain unfixed several months after being reported, the worst being the infamous Security center bug that kills apps in the background and prevents reception of notifications ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGTbL1QWymQ ).
    From what I can see here in the Forum, this bug hasn’t even been fixed in the latest builds of Flyme 5.
    So, once again, thank you for the initiative to introduce members of the Flyme team.
    This provides an opportunity for the above suggestions and reports to be considered and solved, because operational and functional basic functions of a phone are more important to the user than some of the gimmicky ones.

Meizu doesn’t care! Read the interview, he’s the chief of Flyme development.
They just care to sell new 2016 models.

@maxant69 said:

@Ripkiller said:

@maxant69 said:

@Ultrametric said:

Edit.

Quote:

Meizu doesn’t care! Read the interview, he’s the chief of Flyme development.
They just care to sell new 2016 models.

Yeah buddy agreed … They want to establish themselves … but they are missing a key point that is being up to date with updates … Anyways im still a meizu supporter

@Ripkiller Depending upon your expectations, you may be disappointed.

As long as you see Meizu as:

• Good hardware sold cheap, with Software that is outdated and full of bugs (never gets bug-fixes)

You are fine. Just drop your level of expectations to the right level and you are a happy Meizu supporter.

But! if you expect a Meizu with great hardware and great software (updates, bug fixes, … ), well then you will be very disappointed sooner or later.

Xiaomi Mi5 Basic

Looks like your connection to Meizufans was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.