Please enable / Bitte aktiviere JavaScript!
Veuillez activer / Por favor activa el Javascript!

What I should do before do rooting?

Hi everyone :D I’m Meizu M1 Note user, i bought around May or June and now I’m using 5.1.3.0A version. Well, I’m not sure if I post in the right section, but I want to ask something. (Sorry moderator if I put this on wrong section)
So, I take some course in my college and in that class I need to root my phone. I know that I can easily root my phone on Settings > Security > Root Permission. But there are some stuff that I don’t know. Is there anything that I should do before rooting? What is files that I need to backup? Do you think do rooting with Meizu own option is enough or do I need another apps? and everything. Well, because I’ve been using this phone for almost 1 year, I’m afraid if I do rooting w/o any guidance then will lost something from my phone.
I would appreciate any response. Thanks a lot :D

No, there is no need to do anything before.
You just have to be careful after, as you will have admin rights and you can easily brick your phone if you delete or disable the wrong files.

@viper said:

You just have to be careful after, as you will have admin rights and you can easily brick your phone if you delete or disable the wrong files.

but i didn’t synchronize my phone with cloud or anything from meizu. is it okay? so all i need to do now is just accept and click okay on that Root Permission option?

@prphgmacc said:

@viper said:

but i didn’t synchronize my phone with cloud or anything from meizu. is it okay? so all i need to do now is just accept and click okay on that Root Permission option?
That’s correct.
Then the phone will restart automatically and after boot you will be rooted.

Looks like your connection to Meizufans was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.