Please enable / Bitte aktiviere JavaScript!
Veuillez activer / Por favor activa el Javascript![ Reload ]

mx5 shutdown randomly

hi i bought my meizu mx5 about one month ago,and now for the last week it shuts down randomly for no reason.i have read here about the lack of a fix,and no support from sellers and meizu or paypal. just checking if anybody has any fix for this.
flyme os 5.1.2.0u
thanks for reading.

As i wrote in the other thread I have the same problem and no luck in fixing it. The biggest problem is that in the beginning it used to restart only and if you had no pin set atleast the phone after restart returned to working state and you could pick up phone calls. Now it completely shuts down and renders the phone unusable. Some times if battery is below 50% after I start it, it says upgrading apps gets to the 1-2nd app and shutsdown again. If I plug it in the charger it “upgrades” the apps and starts up. really frustrating and Im on the verge of giving up.

I am in contact with meizu in china bit tont hold out much hope,i think the only thing to do is to sell on ebay as faulty.might get a few quid for it.
i will keep posting my progress.

My unit is in perfect condition, I was lucky. Not many meizu are faulty since most of the production is automated. The guy from where I bought has a person in China who tests the phones before shipping here (Romania). Buying from aliexpress includes a risk, or legit sites at super cheap price. I had problems with a Redmi Note 3g in the past, same defect, shutdown randomly.

Contributor

@Mihnea_Perianu Some stores on Aliexpress test the hardware before shipping it out.
At the same time some re-sellers do not test it.

Don’t point a finger at random. General speaking it’ s wrong to say “Aliexpress does not test hardware before shipping, but other pages do”.

What we can say in general is: Customer Care of all Chinese Re-seller sucks, and that includes testing the hardware before shipping. And now that there are some faulty Meizu phones, we can also say… Meizu fails at testing the hardware before shipping it out.

So the source of the problem is? Yes! Right 100 points, it’s Meizu.

last edited by Ultrametric

They shouldn’t get the phones out of factory if they are faulty. I don’t talk crap, most people I know who bought from aliexpress got refurbished or defective units. Only the top sellers test them, the small ones get these defective units very cheap and they re-sell them. Is not fair for the enduser who is actually in Europe and bites it. Since that Redmi Note 3g, I always buy a little more expensive, but verified phones.

Contributor

@Mihnea_Perianu The problem is not that you are partly right but the problem is that you make wrong assumptions.
What you say may be right in some cases but is not for every seller on Ali-Express!

The devil is in the detail

Just to give examples, HK Goldway is a good store on Aliexpress, it’s not cheap at all! (A top seller and on Aliexpress)

Sonce again: Do not generalize! ( I get your point and agree, but your assumption is wrong! That’s the problem!)

last edited by Ultrametric

the big question is how do we get the phone fixed,meizu don’t want to know unless it is bought directly from them?

I think I might have something. Still verifying it after 3 days but the shutdown definitely starts to happen once the battery drops below 50%… can someone with same issues try to reproduce?
Ive had my phone running for 3 days and have regularly topped off the battery whenever I had the chance and only at one instance it dropped below 50% and then the shutdown occurred. Could this be related to some setting in security to power-save of smth of the sort?

doubt it if it is a security feature,that would be crazy for a phone to shut down if the battery goes below 50%.
so far no help from MEIZU customer support. so i sent it back to where i bought it from in china.it cost €45 to post it. i hope the can fix it and return it to me.

I got the same problem before with my MX4. I used the stable version of firmware then I had this issue called “boot-loop”. Since there were times that I can use the phone for like 5 minutes then it will restart again, I ask my friend to download the firmware I want. First firmware he downloaded wasn’t succeeded. I got the same issue, then he downloaded the test version which is the Flyme 5 beta version and installed it to my phone. I let the phone drains it’s battery since it keeps on restarting still. After 5-6 hours and it drains the battery, I charge the phone and fixed it. Hope it helps. Keep on trying the versions available for your phone. :)

Hello

Sad to report that I started to experience the same annoying random-shutdown-problem on my Meizu. Today is the 3rd day in a row and as far as my experience goes this shit happens at any random moment, despite of batteries charge level.

Yesterday I made a new post about this damn problem in Flyme forum - http://forum.flymeos.com/thread-2594-1-1.html and additionally I wrote a complaint to the seller (Silver River Team - Xiao Long Shop) and hope to get a response, which probably won’t come. I also am considering to write directly to Meizu.

This is a real pity, that otherwise such a nice looking and well functioning phone has such a annoying “feature” and what could be even worse - there will be no cure for it. IF that will be the case.

I’ll keep you posted about my experiences with the MX5.

Admin

@reFFLex to be honest you are quite lost with it now.
Due to “illegal sales” (thats how Meizu calls it), they have a new warranty policy.
For you this means that the device has no warranty, unless the device was bought from Meizu or an official reseller (Xiao Long isn’t one).

And as I can see 2 days have been passed by since your post in the Flyme forums and none replied. Typical Meizu behaviour…

You may want to try my reply above your post…

@brafun said:

I think I might have something. Still verifying it after 3 days but the shutdown definitely starts to happen once the battery drops below 50%… can someone with same issues try to reproduce?
Ive had my phone running for 3 days and have regularly topped off the battery whenever I had the chance and only at one instance it dropped below 50% and then the shutdown occurred. Could this be related to some setting in security to power-save of smth of the sort?

Well 2 weeks later and topping off the battery every chance I get to keep it above 50% still no shutdowns… I know it sounds lame but it works! If someone from Flyme development team is reading this it might be worth to have a look at it.

last edited by brafun

Looks like your connection to mx5 shutdown randomly was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.