Charging m1 note with mx5 charger for faster charging

Hi. I have a meizu mx5 and an m1note. I have noticed that m1note charges much faster when using the mx5 charger. The thing is the mx5 charger is 5-12V, 2A while the m1note charger is 5V,1A. My question is: will m1note have any problem if i continue charging it with the mx5 charger? Like will the battery brake down faster than ussual because of the extra volts and amperes? And secondly if i buy another charger 5V, 2A will it charge m1note as fast as with mx5 charger? (the mx5 is not 5v, it is 5-12V) Thanks

Admin

@dimis52 first of all, I clearly advice doing this. Even though the battery controller should regulate the additional voltages, it still is a dangerous play and might cause the battery to burn down or whatever. So absolute no go.

But yes, a charger with the same Amperes and Voltages will charge with the same speed - logically.

@Rey Thanks for your answer. On the other hand though i am thinking that it worths giving 10 euros for a new battery after a year or so, and avoid endless hours of waiting to charge!

Contributor

@dimis52 No it does not.
It’s not related to the battery! The battery doesn’t give a fuck about how fast you charge it (very simplified)!
It’s the charging electronics (Not the battery) That makes your phone charge fast.

I am not sure what you mean with a new battery… It’s build in you can’t replace the battery without taking the phone apart.

last edited by Ultrametric

Looks like your connection to Meizufans was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.