So is this phone worth it?

On paper, this is a very solid phone with great features. However what holds me back from buying it is the constant complain of the OS not being as good. So I’ve seen OmniROM, but I’ve read that It’s way too buggy to use it. Also, with no support for Lollipop/Marshmallow, where does the value rely on the phone other than the specs? Is this phone recommended or are their better options? Would you, as a user, recommend like the Redmi Note 3 or Asus Zenfone 2 over this one? I mean, if this ran like Lollipop, Marshmallow or even like a stable Cyanogenmod ROM I would’ve gotten it in a heartbeat. But all I’m hearing is that the software it runs on is always going to be problematic, would you say it is? Because It’s also unfortunate that this phone was discontinued so soon! Thanks in advance.

last edited by RivaLCF

‘Also, with no support for Lollipop/Marshmallow’ - Flyme 5 is lollipop based and if you want marshmallow there is also an unofficial omnirom 6.0 tho its without camera.

Meizu is a good phone with a good OS and you can optimize it to make it more better for your experience as every one has its own taste.

i think now can get with cheaper price with this phone at aliexpress

Looks like your connection to Meizufans was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.