firmware corrupt message?

i put the update.zip file to the root.
i started to update.while the device was checking firmware i got a message firmware corrupt.
what was the problem?

do you see any baseband problem? (i switched to 5.1.1.0A to 5.1.2.0G)

Meizu Pro 5
  • Ensure you downloaded “A” firmware (I or G versions won’t apply this way)
  • Doublecheck your download is ok, open it with winzip or 7zip application
  • Stop your device, and restart it in recover mode (volup+power), then connect with usb cable onto your pc.
  • Copy update.zip (keep the name) to the “recovery” drive that appears
  • Check both clean data and update on phone screen
  • And let it restart

@Kikounet95
*you said “Ensure you downloaded “A” firmware (I or G versions won’t apply this way)” but my device is now “G” version as you can see from pic.

*you said “Doublecheck your download is ok, open it with winzip or 7zip application” what is doublecheck? what do i have to doublecheck? and after open it with winzip what will i do?

*you said “Copy update.zip (keep the name) to the “recovery” drive that appears” i tried it but after that i got in recovery mode there is nothing!..

Meizu Pro 5

Whatever the firmware you installed, your device is still and will ALWAYS remains an A version. The method you are currently applying (using the update.zip directly) is based on a specific signature/id mechanism. You can’t bypass it this way, so do a little research in this forum for other method if you want to use G one (you even posted into the correct thread)

About checking the zip archive, you just need to open it, and confirm there is no error message. Nothing more, nothing less…

last edited by Kikounet95

@Kikounet95
question 1
if i install “A” firmware, will i lost language pack because i am using Turkish language,google play store again?

please accept my sillyness but as i researched in this forum and i found this topic link text and i applied method 2.

now i want to use G one “everytime” and for changing this id. i have to use method 1 in topic mentioned above.but as you know pro 5 has samsung exynos 7420 chipset and method 1 cannot be applicable if your device has not mediatek chipset.

finally if you know another method for changing this id , please please post its url.

Meizu Pro 5

“A” version doesn’t contains anything else than English and Chinese languages.
If you really need Turkish, you need to use method 2 again, as you won’t be able to change the id

Looks like your connection to Meizufans was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.