MX3 not charging

Hello.

I usually use the original charger that came with the MX3.
Two weeks passed and I’m charging normally.
For some reason, today the MX3 stopped charging. Only when I turn off the device completely, it detects the charger and charging again.

This is crazy. I can not use the device when it is charging.

Can anyone solve the charging’s problem?

Thanks …

Please reinstall the firmware with Clear data.

Can you provide me an instructions about this?

How do I reinstall the firmware again with clean data?

Happen to my device all the time.

@edencohen
@‘HondaRacer’ said:

Just spoke with Meizu Hong Kong, and they said they do not suggest cross installation of CN and HK version firmwares. To restore, they suggested the following method:

1. Turn off the phone, then press and hold the Power and Volume Up buttons to enter upgrade mode
2. After entering upgrade mode, Copy firmware “update.zip” onto the root directory
3. Select “System upgrade” to upgrade & “Clear data” to reset user data (if required); then press “Start” to upgrade
4. After upgrading, please check “Settings -> About” to verify the correct firmware version is installed

After upgrading the firmware, if application force close, please try to reset your phone or re-upgrading (Settings->About phone->Storage->Factory reset to reset the phone)

@‘HondaRacer’ said:

@edencohen

@‘HondaRacer’ said:

Just spoke with Meizu Hong Kong, and they said they do not suggest cross installation of CN and HK version firmwares. To restore, they suggested the following method:

1. Turn off the phone, then press and hold the Power and Volume Up buttons to enter upgrade mode
2. After entering upgrade mode, Copy firmware “update.zip” onto the root directory
3. Select “System upgrade” to upgrade & “Clear data” to reset user data (if required); then press “Start” to upgrade
4. After upgrading, please check “Settings -> About” to verify the correct firmware version is installed

After upgrading the firmware, if application force close, please try to reset your phone or re-upgrading (Settings->About phone->Storage->Factory reset to reset the phone)

Thanks for the answers.

Unfortunately, I upgraded to the new version 3.7.5A twice and still it is not charging when it is on.

Does anyone have another solution to the problem?

It just randomly did it on my phone if it was low. I would let it die and then charge from there.

I’ve done it. It did not help.

Can I turn the question to someone from Meizu? How can I contact them?

Thanks.

@edencohen depends where you’ve bought your device and what type it exactly is (China Mainland or International).

Thanks,

I think it’s International, because when I turn on the device, I see Unicom logo…

Am I right?

Unicom is a kind of CN version.

OK. thanks.

What is the email to contact them?

By the way, I wrote to Hong-Kong and they told me to send them the device. It is clear that this “inefficiency”.

In my opinion, we are not finished yet all the technical options for solving the problem.

Contributor

@‘edencohen’ said:

OK. thanks.

What is the email to contact them?

By the way, I wrote to Hong-Kong and they told me to send them the device. It is clear that this “inefficiency”.

In my opinion, we are not finished yet all the technical options for solving the problem.

Are you using the original charger and charging on wall output or through USB from PC or laptop? Sometimes USB might not be able to output enough for phone to detect it is charging. (you can also try another android phone charger once if you have one lying around)

Have you tried installing the last ‘stable’ firmware? (3.5.x) with clear data?

Open the back cover and check the writing…
English = HK
Chinese = CN
And accordingly install HK or CN firmware.

It does not matter where I charges the device.
As long as the device is on, I can not charge it.

Only when I turn it off - I can recharge.

As already mentioned above, I installed a clean and stable versions, including the version that came with the device from the start.

Looks like your connection to Meizufans was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.