Please enable / Bitte aktiviere JavaScript!
Veuillez activer / Por favor activa el Javascript![ Reload ]

Unlock the bootloader of Meizu PRO 5

It seems that a someone (authorized tester) unlocked the bootloader using a beta international firmware. I found this topic
http://forum.xda-developers.com/meizu-mx/general/tutorial-unlock-bootloader-meizu-pro-5-t3303127

Contributor

@maxant69 there is no official global beta firmware for the pro 5.

How did he get hands on this beta? Meizu claims that the Pro 5 beta global won’t be released before mid of February (the earliest).

In Flyme 5 there is no more international firmware, its called global instead.

Update, lol just heard that it got leaked

last edited by Ultrametric

Wow. Exciting stuff! Please please pleeeeease let this be legit!

Contributor

@ShadowOfDeth Sascha, one of the Mx5 global beta tester said that one of his friends applied it, and it worked. I fully trust him, so the info seems legit to me.

( I still doubt that it’s a leaked beta though.)

@Ultrametric well all I can say is, fingers crossed there is or will be a way for us on A versions to get this boatloader unlocked. Really am quite jealous of Meizu’s MediaTek devices getting custom ROMs!

Meizu Pro 5

Download in progress … Will report in a few minutes

EDIT : KO for A version

last edited by Kikounet95

@Kikounet95
It’s because the leaked firmware is a G version

Meizu Pro 5

@maxant69 Yep, but i had to test, just in case

So If i did understand well, you have to first install the 5.1.2.0G (If you don’t have it already installed) and then process to install this version, right?

@Asiier
I think it’s necessary to own an international model as the leaked beta firmware is “G”.

Meizu Pro 5

At least you can use the tutorial to have fully translated nearly lastest beta …!

@maxant69
So this guide won’t work, I mean, you will just get the latest beta with multi-language, but you won’t be able to unlock the bootloader unless you already have an International version

Meizu Pro 5

@Asiier That’s it. Only “I” version can be unlock yet

@Asiier
I think you are right, because you have to flash the leaked firmware directly without workaround. And we know that if you try to flash a G firmware on a A model gives you an error.

Looks like your connection to Unlock the bootloader of Meizu PRO 5 was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.