Received my phone yesterday and soon updated Flyme from 4.5.x.xA to 126.96.36.199A without any problem.
I proceeded with following method two using terminal from this guide to switch to version G.
The installation completed successfully, but after restart I am stuck at the start screen with Meizu logo.
- I have restarted the phone in recovery mode (vol up + power) and transferred different versions of the update.zip files and then tried to update with them. Every time the result is that I get returned to the system upgrade screen with a warning and the text “Firmware corrupt”.
The different update.zip files I have tried with includes 4.5.x.x.A, 188.8.131.52A and 184.108.40.206G (unmodified). All of them give me the “Firmware corrupt” text. Worth noting is that the file is not on the phones recovery partition after the failed upgrade attempts (even when I do not select clear data)
- Many tries with clearing the data
- I have tried to put the update.zip files to the phone from different computers
- I have formatted the recovery partition on the phone to FAT32 (since I read that this helped in one case)
- I have tried to connect to the phone over ADB but am not successful, the device cannot be found. If I go into Fastboot (vol down + power) I get Fastboot mode (locked, rooted)
Any help is appreciated. It seems like a really good phone the minutes I used it before bricking it :)