Meizu postpones Ubuntu, announces new Flyme plans

This is the discussion thread for Meizu postpones Ubuntu, announces new Flyme plans. Let us know your comments on this subject here!

Contributor

Ubuntu release postpone is a bit sad… But well not entirely surprising i guess considering the amount of work they must be having ongoing with MX4 and flyme 4.0 amd everything…

I think Meizu will not release Ubuntu, is just a marketing strategy to look like updated phone. Even they didn’t release stable version of Android 4.4 yet. I remember Smatisan OS never came to Meizu MX2 after a lot of news about it. I would like to see it on our phones, but is taking too much time… Anyway is just my opinion. Let’s hope to see it soon!

Admin

So chinese.

Sent from my M353 using Tapatalk

Contributor

@‘vespper’ said:

I think Meizu will not release Ubuntu, is just a marketing strategy to look like updated phone. Even they didn’t release stable version of Android 4.4 yet. I remember Smatisan OS never came to Meizu MX2 after a lot of news about it. I would like to see it on our phones, but is taking too much time… Anyway is just my opinion. Let’s hope to see it soon!

What’s smatisan os? I googled it and it seems the devs of the os themselves were planing to port it…

I’m pretty sure ubuntu will come eventually… During their preview i think major things were not working like nfc and front cam… Guess lack of drivers and stuff…
Lets hope it comes soon though… But meizu definitely needs to get this years devices out soon. Xiaomi released the mi4 today (seems like a love child of iphone and htc one series phonea :P)

Samsung and Nokia phones with Flyme? Oo I can not imagine…

I guess there is still a Flyme port (official version from Meizu) for the Galaxy S4 ;) so it seems too be true that Meizu ports Flyme to many other phones :)

http://meizufans.eu/meizu-launches-flyme-os-beta-program-for-samsung-galaxy-s4/

Das war auch eher so gemeint “das darf doch nicht wahr sein…” :) in my opinion its a bit bad, its like iOS for Nokia Lumia devices ^^

@‘Mülle’ said:

I guess there is still a Flyme port (official version from Meizu) for the Galaxy S4 ;) so it seems too be true that Meizu ports Flyme to many other phones :)

http://meizufans.eu/meizu-launches-flyme-os-beta-program-for-samsung-galaxy-s4/

Yes, Meizu started up a new website and BBS for Flyme OS.

Looks like your connection to Meizufans was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.