Gallery APK not working

Hi everyone,

I recently bought a MX3 (3.5.2 CN), its pretty good but I have encountered a problem.
Suddenly the stock Gallery cannot be run. It keeps saying “Unfortunately, Gallery has stopped working” making the stock camera app not working as well.

If anyone can provide me the stock app APK for me to reinstall that would be great.

P.S. I know reinstalling/updating the OS would work. But I don’t want to play with the settings for several hours again.

Thanks guys

You can download the firmware here and extract the Gallery APK using MzCrypt-Gui.

Thank you for your help. I was able to get the stock apk out, but i was not able to install it. Or rather, It tries to install over the original gallery.apk but i have already uninstalled and is causing it to fail installing.
Is there a way to uninstall any of the stock apps completely?

@jimi_jimi_jimi you need to open System privileges and copy the file to /system using a ROOT explorer.

@‘HondaRacer’ said:

@jimi_jimi_jimi you need to open System privileges and copy the file to /system using a ROOT explorer.

I’ve placed it in /system, and tried installing it, it failed.
I’ve placed it in /system/apps, and tried installing it, it failed.
If I don’t install, then there is no app.

It keeps thinking that gallery is still installed and trying to overwrite the non-existent app. Perhaps there is an odex somewhere I need to remove?
Or maybe the only way is to reinstall the ROM.

Contributor

You have to offer write the gallery.apk and .odex if it is present with the new apk and set the correct permissions under /system/app… You don’t have to reinstall it… However i dout it will solve the problem…

Have you tried settings-> accesibility-> apps-> “all” tab - >clear data and cache. Restart?

@‘GreyGhost’ said:

You have to offer write the gallery.apk and .odex if it is present with the new apk and set the correct permissions under /system/app… You don’t have to reinstall it… However i dout it will solve the problem…

Have you tried settings-> accesibility-> apps-> “all” tab - >clear data and cache. Restart?

The thing is I might have been a bit quick to uninstall the program. So the original .apk and the .odex does not exist anymore. At this point I have pretty much given up reinstalling the Gallery. I can use an alternate gallery, but I wish to have the stock camera app.

Also interesting note, the gallery app and the camera app are linked, one uninstall removes the both of them. Perhaps I should try to install the camera app to see if that brings back the gallery.\

EDIT: Nevermind, there is no camera.apk, Gallery.apk is both camera and gallery.

Looks like your connection to Meizufans was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.