Screen repair

Has anyone done a screen repair for the mx3. Any guides?

Any info would help.

Wow nothing. Going in blind I guess.

Oh well, screen repair for my MX2 costed nearly €200 all in (repair, shipping and taxes). I don’t know if screen repair on the MX3 requires the whole assembly to be replaced, but on the MX2 this was the case.

I did replace the screen of the M8 FE serveral times and gave up later because they all died after a while.
Last year i did replace the M9 screen after it fell off and broke. That was kinda hard to get the glass off, because it was glued.
I also had to disasseble the M9 a lot.
Also you often get only fake or used screens not original new ones. For the M9 the fake one did work but has something in the upper left corner you can always see through the glass. It also has no window for the light sensor so if you dont dye that you will end off with a black screen after every phone call.

200€ for repair ist just to much, i would rather buy a new one then.
The M9 replacement glass was only 15€ inkl. shipping and 1 hour work. On the M8 i could replace the screen in 15 Mins already hahaha.

http://m.ebay.com/itm/351054604426?nav=SEARCH

Looking to purchase this item. Need to replace lcd and digitizer. Would like to see it come in 3 pieces like most phones.

Since there is not alot of help/info out in the world I decided to take apart my meizu. Its pretty easy to take apart after about 20 screws. Removing all of the connectors(glued in place) you get down to the screen

There is 2 different screen assembly you can buy.

1 without bezel or backplate. This one you would have to peel the old screen off and glue the new on to the backplate.

2nd. is with bezel and cost about $20 more but well worth it. All you have to do is remove battery, connectors and main board.

Highly suggest the 2nd one.

Admin

@‘donwuan’ said:

Since there is not alot of help/info out in the world I decided to take apart my meizu. Its pretty easy to take apart after about 20 screws. Removing all of the connectors(glued in place) you get down to the screen

There is 2 different screen assembly you can buy.

1 without bezel or backplate. This one you would have to peel the old screen off and glue the new on to the backplate.

2nd. is with bezel and cost about $20 more but well worth it. All you have to do is remove battery, connectors and main board.

Highly suggest the 2nd one.

Thank you for the info. It would be even more great if you could share pictures but anyway thanks a lot, must be useful for some ppl!

Sent from my M353 using Tapatalk

Yeah I probably won’t have the replacement screen for another 2 weeks.

But decided last night 3 am that I would take it apart and see how easy/hard it was. I will probably put something up when I finally replace it.

Ordered screen. Should be here within the next 2 weeks. Found a good deal on aliexpress for 88 bucks. Good deal compared to the 140 is I’ve seen.

curiously looking forward to see the result… it is gonna be an experiment! :)

By chance you break your screen and need to order one. Don’t be cheap like me, pay the extra for faster shipping.

My screen finally made it to the USA, now it will be another week.

Repair should only take about 10 minutes. Like playing legos.

Screen is out for delivery today.

Recieved screen and horrible first attempt. Seller sent me the wrong screen.

Now waiting on 2nd screen. Hopefully this one doesn’t take a month.

I think the new MX4 is guaranteed for one year included replacing the broken screen; a very good thing.

@‘tiboutchou’ said:

I think the new MX4 is guaranteed for one year included replacing the broken screen; a very good thing.

I really hope local resellers will follow the same practice!

Looks like your connection to Meizufans was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.