Please enable / Bitte aktiviere JavaScript!
Veuillez activer / Por favor activa el Javascript!

wont accept password to cear data in recovery mode

When I try to type in my screen password on mt mx4 pro none of the numbers register. So now I’m stuck with a phone I cant use its just stuck in boot loop, I can enter rrecovery but cant do anything unless I can clear data. Any help please.

@photojsb What exactly did you do?

Be super detailed, how did you end up in this situation. Read the Q&A guide please.

Xiaomi Mi5 Basic

I had the latest version of Flyme 5 installed. I downloaded version 4.5.7 and clicked in it to install, I fforgot to choose clear data, it installed the 4.5.7 but its just stuck in the spinning flyme/baloon screen. I can boot into recovery and when I choose clear data it asks for my screen lock password, the problem is when I press on a # it instantly says “wrong Passcode” so it wont take any of the numbers and I am just stuck there or the spinning icon i f I press restart at that screen.

I have the same problem! Pls help :S

@vanagas556 So you did a downgrade without clear data? And now the phone doesn’t accept your password?

Xiaomi Mi5 Basic

@vanagas556 If your phone is unlocked you might try stuff/

Xiaomi Mi5 Basic

@vanagas556 And I passed on the bug.

Meizu is looking at it, or maybe will soon.

Xiaomi Mi5 Basic

download and install 4.2.8.2А firmware from recovery mode and tell me result. (if phone will stay in bootloop after that its fine… )
just tell me here after you done that, and whats happening.

@Latstyle he fixed it by going back to Flyme 5. (where he could enter the pw)

But as far as I know flyme 4.2 doesn’t give a fuck and just clears data. Is that right?

Xiaomi Mi5 Basic

@Ultrametric said:

@Latstyle he fixed it by going back to Flyme 5. (where he could enter the pw)

But as far as I know flyme 4.2 doesn’t give a fuck and just clears data. Is that right?

4.2 recovery not asking for PW yes. in theory by installing 4.2.8 over phone will end up in bootloop BUT recovery will be replaced… and thats what you need… after that you can flash 4.5.7 and use Clear Data… its not gonna ask for password.
iv seen its worked for a few people… its all related on how recovery of Flyme 4 and 5 store and read encrypted passwords. it was explained in details in Colby Leaked Flyme 5 version Thread and whole that guide i remember from there.

Looks like your connection to Meizufans was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.