Phone stuck on spinning Flyme icon. Downgraded to 4.5.7 from Flynme 5

My stock MX4 Pro is tuck on the spinning logo. I downgraded from 5 to 4.5.7 but forgot to clear data. I can boot into recovery but when I try to clear data it wont accept my password I had set up. Am I screwed? just bought this phone now I’m out a lot of $$ Any help Please.

Contributor

@photojsb

Yes you are screwed as far as I know. If your password is not accepted there is nothing to do.

You could try to flash a old KK recovery. Read up on this.

UH! But if you just bought the phone, did you enter a password? Did you log in to a Flyme Account?

last edited by Ultrametric

Yeah I entered the password thats why its weird it wont take it. Yes I did create a Fyme acccount,

i cant flash anything, new, I can.t access my phone from my computer using adb or fastboot, I can see the revoery drive and it says it copied files to it but the size of the partition never changes. The Problem is that when I get to the recovery mode and its time to clear data it asks for my screen lock password, but when I type in the first # it says “wrong password please try again”. So it seems I am stuck.

Any other ideas would be appreciated

Meizu MX4 Pro

Try to flash a very old firmware first
You have a bunch in this forum. Do not desperate when asking the password. Type you pass and try to clear data.
Regards

Admin

@jrotaetxe but thats the issue here, the password does not works.

@photojsb, nothing you can do except trying again.

Meizu MX4 Pro

Hi, Rey. Had this misbehaviour and solved installing an old version. Finally did not ask me the pass…

last edited by jrotaetxe

Thanks guys I will try this as soon as my battery reaches 20% keeping my fingers crossed. It’s just the damn password problem that gets me!

No luck, I can copy an old ROM into it in recovery, but it still wants the password and it still says “wrong password” when I type the first #. I tried Flyme 4.1.1.3, 4.1.1.2, 4.2.8 all with no luck

Meizu MX4 Pro

No matter what it says, type the whole pass.
Ignore all the negative feedback nmessages and try.

problem fix bro !

1. the most importn thing you must make your baterry 100% to zero …and charge to 20 % and up like that .
  2. then you must put devices into recover mode.
  3. put usb cable in recoverMode, make sure ther pop up recover partition ( something like 1.4 gb ). if not try reinstall / install adb driver in your pc on the devices manager.
  4. copy update.zip 4.5.7.1 A to recover partition… after finish do not pull over the usb cable .
  5. finally mark update and wipe data ! the start the engine !!!

i have the same problem … when i bring my devices to meizu center ther told me that is mortherboard problem … wtf is wrong with them ? ! just want money or dumb asshold . very dispointed with meizu malaysia.

@hir What about International update? Is it also applicable?

@Benedict-Zambo255 must make battery to zero % , clear data … start…enter locking password or try fingerprint if ur lucky. its the same step . gud luck !

Looks like your connection to Meizufans was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.