Problem with Meizu Mx5

Hello everybody!

I have problem with my mx5. I’ve locked my meizu mx5 with android device manager and now when I try to unlock him, it says wrong password. In my android device manager I’ve entered password with more than four letters, but my meizu only accept four letter password, and the password in android device manager doesnt match with password on my phone.

Do you have any advice how to fix that problem?
Is there any way to hard reset may phone and back him to fabric settings?
This how the screen on my phone looks like:
I’m reciving my emails and notifications and I can answer on my calls

@ivank put the device in recovery mode , download the firmware you want… Put it in the recovery folder and the flash the ROM with clear data I guess.
I don’t know something else for you to try or wait if someone else can help you…

@Dartaholics How to put the device into recovery mode?

@Dartaholics Unfortunatelly itdoesnt work!
But, thanks anyway!
Does someone haave some other advice!

Meizu MX5

@ivank I’ve done exactly same thing a month ago , i think it’s something wrong with Android Device Manager , i’ve just did a factory reset and then the password request was gone.

last edited by phluid01

I can’t do the factory reset because It wont restart without password. I’ve come in recovery mode and turned on clear data and system update but it didnt go on without password.
@phluid How did you do a factory reset?
I folowed the direction i F.a.q. and it doesnt work.
I can’t skip password entering

Meizu MX5

@ivank You dont have to check System upgrade , unless you have update.zip on your phone. Just check Clear Data and start . If clearing data requires a password , that’s your personal password that you set to unlock phone !

last edited by phluid01

yes, clearing data requires password but it is not my personal password, it is four digit password that I dont know at the moment.

I’ve unfortunantely locked my Meizu m2, just tried Android Device Manager with 6-char alphabetic-numeric p/w but my device allows to enter 4-only-digit p/w! I tried to lock it again with 4digit p/w after, but the result was "Since Google has verified that a screen lock is already set, the password you entered won’t be needed."
The device reacts for ADM’s Ring option, there was no any screen p/w on it before, wi-fi is on, but I can’t unblock it!
Does anyone know what to do wiyh it now?

The exact same situatuion in my case. I solved the problem with downgrading flyme to first version I found on this site (4.5.2 i think), and it worked for me.
I just cannot understand what kind of stupidosity with this flyme OS is, when things like that happens.
And I was binded into flyme account and after 15 wrong password flyme lock mode didnt appear, like meizu customer service sad.

@ivank

@ivank said:

The exact same situatuion in my case. I solved the problem with downgrading flyme to first version I found on this site (4.5.2 i think), and it worked for me.
I just cannot understand what kind of stupidosity with this flyme OS is, when things like that happens.
And I was binded into flyme account and after 15 wrong password flyme lock mode didnt appear, like meizu customer service sad.

my Flyme is v4.5.3I and I haven’t created Flyme account before moment ADM locked my phone. USB debug I think is turned OFF
Please tell us accurately, how did you downgrade yours?

I had downloaded the oldest flyme version with my pc, connected my phone with pc via usb, pressed vol+ and power, and pick only system update without clear data. This metod downgraded my phone to his first version and the lockscreen password dissapeared.

Hey, my problem with M2 solved! I switched device off, entered recovery menu, then Clear data -> Start, and fortunantely it didnt asked to enter any P/W!!! While phone was clearing I swiched off my router, and after device started I switched off wifi and mobile data, checked everything works then connected to internet and logged in my Google account, reinstalled deleted apps etc… Everything works!!! And my photos, videos and music on the phone wasn’t deleted… It is very strange!

Admin

@Oleg–Reshetov it is, but thanks for sharing!

Just a side note:
Using “Clear Data” never delets your private files, e.g. Music or Photos.

Looks like your connection to Meizufans was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.