Sim card and Wifi questions

Hello,

I cut my micro sim into a nano sim today. And put it in my device. Apparently in slot 2.
My device recognize my sim, but I can’t see any of my old contacts and messages.
I think I have to set it up, but I don’t know how.

Also I’m having prepaid. Obviously I want to use it only for phoning and writing sms, not for any wifi activity. How can I do this?

Note: This is my first smartphone ever, so be a little patient with me and as specific as you can.

last edited by ano20xx

Hi there!

First off, a little warning; self-cut SIM cards are known to cause issues with some SIM trays and may potentially break your device if not cut with precision. I’d advice you to get a factory-cut SIM card if you can.

Now moving on to your issue; Usually you have to manually select SIM contacts to be viewed. On Meizu phones they’re omitted altogether. To view your SIM contacts (assuming you run Flyme 5) go to the Phone app and click on the Contacts tab. From there, press the three dots in the upper right corner of the screen and hit ‘Settings’. Then in the menu you will see an option called ‘SIM card contacts’ to view your saved contacts. Hit it. On the bottom of the screen you will then see three options. The one you’ll want to press is ‘Export to Phone’. Follow any instructions from there and you will have exported your contacts to be viewed in the main screen.

Do the same for messages; go into the Messages app and from the main view, hit the tree dots on the top right corner of the screen and press ‘Settings’. You will see an option labeled ‘SIM messages’, hit it.

As for mobile data, you can deactivate mobile data from the Notifications drop-down. To do this, swipe down from the top edge of the screen. You will be presented with a set of buttons to press. By default the mobile data button will be the second one from the left.

Hope this helps!

last edited by Karl Sindre Baath Engelstad

@Karl-Sindre-Baath-Engelstad Do not worry, the sim card fits perfect in my device.
I am not running Flyme 5. For my Meizu M2 Mini it isn’t available (yet), But I managed to get it anyway cause the path you did described is almost the same. So many thanks to you! :)

I found it under
app contacts-> clicked on the three dots-> settings-> account and contact management-> sim card contacts-> chose my sim card-> selected all contacts-> clicked on import phone contacts to sim card on the right bottom button.

The message app wasn’t a problem after that at all.

But I had the problem that all my contacts were on the old device not on the sim card itself.^^ But I could handle that.

About mobile data:
Will that be enough just to deactivate it from the notifications drop-down? In case I leave the house, would I still be able to do and reach calls and texts? And no apps will use the mobile wifi?

last edited by ano20xx

When mobile data is off, no apps can use it until you turn it on again. You can still use WiFi normally, it will not steal from your pre-paid balance.

Glad I could help!

Looks like your connection to Meizufans was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.