Meizu Mx4 -- Andriod Version 4.4.2 -- Flyme 4.2.8.2A -- Update ?

Hi, I’ll make this quick and easy.

I have brought a new Meizu MX4 from China. I believe its the Chinese version. I am new to Meizu company and Flyme software. I am running Flyme 4.2.8.2A. I am aware that Meizu has released the new update to Flyme. I believe the new update is 4.5.7.1.A (Stable version).

My question is, should I update to 4.5.7.1.A ? I have heard that it has a lot of bugs. I’d like to update to Flyme 5 and from my understanding, do I need to update to 4.5.7.1.A to get flyme 5 ? Or is Meizu going to update all Meizu mx4 and mx4 pro to Flyme 5 ‘over the air’ update.

Thanks

Admin

@brownbear first of all, even your current firmware is called to be buggy.

And yes, there will be an OTA as soon a stable firmware of Flyme 5 has been released for these devices. However you might not get notified about it (server related).

As of now you can upgrade to Flyme 5, if you dislike it you can downgrade again at any time.

@Rey said:

@brownbear first of all, even your current firmware is called to be buggy.

And yes, there will be an OTA as soon a stable firmware of Flyme 5 has been released for these devices. However you might not get notified about it (server related).

As of now you can upgrade to Flyme 5, if you dislike it you can downgrade again at any time.

Thank you for replying back to me. Currently I don’t have any-problems with Flyme 4.2.8.2A. I guess I’ll just wait.

@Rey hello. After updating Flyme by air (I’m using Meizu MX4 Android 5.0.1 Flyme OS 4.5.7I) realized that phone became doubtly slow, more to that, rear camera has dots and it is almost impossible to capture, because of “artifacts”.

Tried to find information about downgrading my phone. However, there are plenty about MX4 PRO. @Rey, can you step-by-step describe downgrading process.

Thank you!

So… 4.5.7.1A is not good. Battery consumption !!!

a lot of people say about 4.2.8.2 is the best

is this true??

@brownbear said:

4.2.8.2A.

Hi, I am on Flyme’ 4.2.8.2A.’ and I have no problems however I am on the Chinese version, this could be a factor however I am not sure. Any thoughts on Flyme 5 ?

@gvekiaris seems like its battery consumption is not good enough to keep smartphone running for 1,5 days. However, very often I encounter that phone by itself turns Super-mode. I was using 4.2.8I before. It was good in every aspects.

Guys, is there any guide for downgrading Flyme OS and Android for MX4 ???

Hi guys, bit of a side news here. While I was experiencing no problems with my Meizu mx4 I did encounter that the battery life was pretty awful. The phone also had a screen leak. I am considering either buying the MX5 or the MX5 pro but honestly am not sure which one to get :( Can anyone help me decide ?

Admin

@brownbear well, the Pro 5 has a superb battery and screen, but the MX5 is cheaper. So it all depends on your budget.

@Rey – The Meizu Mx5 and Pro 5 have the same screen. Unless if you’re talking about 2.5D screen ? How is the battery life on mx5 ?

@Rey They both have AMOLED display however the pro 5 is bigger in screen size. Hows the battery life ? How many hours do you spend on YouTube ? Thanks !

Admin

@brownbear well, I never really tried to watch YouTube videos till the Pro 5 died. But I can say that I easily get through the whole day (24h tested). I listen all the day to Music, watch some Netflix and use it for general stuff like Netflix or browsing.
The lowest battery I ever had was 7% after 26h.

@Rey Thanks for the feedback. Is it possible for you to do a test for me ? In terms of browsing YouTube ? Cause I know YouTube takes the most battery consumption along with playing Games. I might go for the Meizu Mx5. I have a feeling the phone will be outdated in a year or two so paying £100 extra isn’t worth it. I can pay £200 for the mx5 but i guess the pro isn’t really worth £300 ;( Also 1 more thing – How do you find the 5.7 inch compared to 5.5 or 5 ? Do you feel 5.7 is big ? Does it fit in your pocket ? < < Might be a stupid question lol !

Admin

@brownbear to be honest, I would say that the Pro 5 is for the bucks. Despite Flyme still being crappy, it is an awesome piece of hardware.
You can’t compare the Exynos 7420 against the MTK chipset of the MX5. Additonally it has an even greater battery performance (YouTube videos will be definitely no problem).

About the size:
It is relatively big, especially if you consider that I have short fingers (but a big hand though), but still it is a joy to use as the screen is very eye friendly.
And as I do not wear skinny jeans, I cannot complain about it not fitting into my pocket either.

Looks like your connection to Meizufans was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.