Please enable / Bitte aktiviere JavaScript!
Veuillez activer / Por favor activa el Javascript!

no restart in flight mode

Since end of Nov. 2015 I own a new Meizu m2 mini. One strange problem is that I cannot start the phone when in flight mode, i.e. entering the correct PIN yields in short move of the lock screen and nothing else. The cure is to remove the SIM card, restart and switch off flight mode. Same SIM (E-plus) card in my old Nokia works without that problem.
This seems to be related to firmwares 4.5.4.x since with 4.5.3.2A I didn’t notice this bug. Has anyone same experience?

@yodda could you make a video of it, or describe it a bit better please. (use an app like AZ screen-recorder if you can… else just describe it precisely)

Xiaomi Mi5 Basic

yea got it too. annoys the hell out of me. jist restarting and we quickly pulling the top bar down to turn off flight mode can make me enter the phone again

I test it and i have the same bug in 4.5.4i so if you want to reboot when you are in flight mode then you cannot enter the pin code of your sim… You must to remove the SIM card, restart and switch off flight mode!!

@Ultrametric
Video recording would be difficult since I would have to use an extra camera. I’ll try to be more precise how to produce the bug:

• switch in flight mode (phone is on)
  • switch off the phone
  • switch on the phone
  • lock screen appears with numeral field appears for entering the PIN code of the SIM card
  • enter PIN number
  • a short shiver of the screen happens but no unlocking (checked with 4.5.4.1A and 4.5.4I).

Since there are several m2 phones with that faulty behaviour I think this should be reported to Meizu. What would be the appropriate email address? [email protected]?

@yodda you can sent it to this email yeah that’s fine.

I just updated to the latest global beta, and will try to reproduce the bug today or tomorrow. If i can reproduce it, I will report it.

uH but I am on the mx5 and flyme 5, could be that it’s a meizu m2 specific bug :P if that’s so maybe the guys in India will report it.

Update it’s fixed in flyme 5 on the mx5. Could be a Flyme 4 bug. I will ask what the Indian beta testers think about it.

Xiaomi Mi5 Basic

I had some mail conversation with Meizu after the error report. Basically they wanted me to fully erase the memory including formatting the external SD card and perform a recovery installation of FW 4.5.4I. This I did, but - not surprisingly - the fault is still there. Now Meizu suspects a hardware error.

@yodda said:

I had some mail conversation with Meizu after the error report. Basically they wanted me to fully erase the memory including formatting the external SD card and perform a recovery installation of FW 4.5.4I. This I did, but - not surprisingly - the fault is still there. Now Meizu suspects a hardware error.

Meizu suspects a hardware error!!!Boolshit…If you see my post above i have the 4.5.4I and ihave the exact same bug.I don’t belive that is a hardware problem…

@geotzia then try another firmware, we got them on our servers.

If the issue still persists after an upgrade + clear data, it is a HW issue.

never mind

Xiaomi Mi5 Basic

definately not hardware. i restart in flight mode often and the problem is not there on 4.3

I tried it on 4.5.4.2 A.
Same bug. So excuse me while I put my sim card out! :D

@Rey
Last reply from Meizu after I mentioned again that with 4.5.3.2A the problem does not show up:
"Please kindly wait patiently for our future firmware and hope next firmware will fix your problem. "
I also asked whether they could verify the the issue, but no answer.
Last comments here support the view that it’s not a hardware issue but related to 4.5.4.x firmware. Today I checked also with 4.5.4.2A: same bug! Some more independant emails to [email protected] could increase the chance that they really look into the issue.

@yodda save your self the time and trouble.

All you can do is tell the Indian beta testers about it and hope that this helps.

Anything else is wasted time, the support not give a fuck about your problem!

Xiaomi Mi5 Basic

Looks like your connection to Meizufans was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.