Can rooting for m1 metal become ?

Meizu metal is a very nice flagship smart phone although it cannot be root, at all .If I have any root permittion for it, metal may be "the phone i like best ". And I also want to change other messaging application to default .somebody help me with this . Thank q .

Contributor

@n10k As far as I know.

You can not root YunOS. And the Meizu M1 Metal runs on YunOS.

or better said FlymeOS 5.1 powered by YunOS.

@Ultrametric ah’ So. It can be possible to root in future .

Contributor

@n10k Maybe

If Meizu creates a FlymeOS powered by Android.

I simply don’t know and haven’t heard of it.

Contributor

@Eyüp-Sabri-Kayacan I don’t know.

But you may do better to not flash anything on your Meizu. The boot-loader is locked.

Hi,
I’m awaiting my metal. I was really shocked that there still is no root.
Are the beta Version of flyme e.g. 5.6.2.1 that are available https://meizufans.eu/forum/topic/4367/flyme-os-5-6-2-1-test-firmware-metal
Android based or also yunos? Because the downloadlink is ending in A instead of Y

Meizu Pro 5

@Jens-Hoffmann
Hi. A root is “still” not possible. I have on my Metal the last beta (5.6.2.1 * A *) but it is based on Yun OS. I do not know why there * A * is.

Thank you.
I also tried the latest Beta, but as before: No Luck.
This is a kind of a hard nut.

For the moment I got Debloater working via ADB. No deleting possible, but I blocked some of that Crap… so it’s a little workaround. Especially the curios Video app is not longer active.

I could kick myself… I didn’t realise that there is actually no root for our Metal.

@Jens-Hoffmann said:

Thank you.
I also tried the latest Beta, but as before: No Luck.
This is a kind of a hard nut.

For the moment I got Debloater working via ADB. No deleting possible, but I blocked some of that Crap… so it’s a little workaround. Especially the curios Video app is not longer active.

I could kick myself… I didn’t realise that there is actually no root for our Metal.

Yes Jens, I am another one who is kicking himself about this. Apparently YunOS is to blame for this.

Haha,
It’s really a beautyful phone. But inside…
I myself am changing to a MX5. NOT THAT beautyful, but at least root available.

Best wishes

Contributor

@Jens-Hoffmann the mx5 is too old, don’t get it.

Looks like your connection to Meizufans was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.