Please enable / Bitte aktiviere JavaScript!
Veuillez activer / Por favor activa el Javascript![ Reload ]

[GUIDE] Transform your chinese MX4 Pro into International

Disclaimer
We are not responsible for bricked devices,
thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed.
YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you. Hard. A lot.

By following this guide you can transform your chinese Meizu MX4 Pro device into international.
The goal of this guide is not to result with international firmware installed, but to allow you to install international (global) normally, like on international devices.

This is achieved by changing a file that stores the information of your device origin, to one from international device.

1. Download files from below and extract , you should now have poc and mmcblk0p5…
  2. Using Root Explorer put poc into system/bin and change permissions to 0755 also put mmcblk0p5… into sdcard/
  3. Download and/or open terminal emulator app of your choice
  4. Run these commands in terminal emulator

‘su’

‘poc’

‘cd sdcard’

‘dd if=mmcblk0p5_pro_info of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p5’

After running poc you might see a message in terminal emulator ‘there are some invalid sockets’ this is normal and you can continue to running dd command.

Now you can reboot

To check if you device is now international open terminal emulator and run these commands
’su’
‘cat dev/block/mmcblk0p5’

If successful you should get a result
’machine_type:M462_intl_official’

Note: each command for example ‘su’ must be run on its own and only after running (pressing enter) you should run the next command.

Files:
0_1452630451132_Int_Mx4_Pro.zip

Credits
@Tatsuyuki-Ishi

last edited by Kikounet95
Contributor

Added the disclaimer.

Contributor

any info on how many devices it was tested? ^^ and if there was reports of bricked phones? )

Contributor

@Latstyle @Dysync claims that he got it running.

But as always, if you are unsure. Let someone else try it, and check for mistakes.

@Latstyle said:

any info on how many devices it was tested? ^^ and if there was reports of bricked phones? )

Tested on a number of devices. Process is simple and will work on all mx4p’s.

Contributor

@Dysync said:

@Latstyle said:

Tested on a number of devices. Process is simple and will work on all mx4p’s.

yeah already saw around 5 people who did it and all went fine…

Thanks to the author, we all have been waiting for this. :blush:
Everything works fine, tested on 100+ devices
Also, this method has been optimized to a minimum

hello ,
is it possible to do that in test builds also or it is for the stable one’s only?
Thank you very much

I made the OP guide and was SUCCESS on 5.6.1.12 . Thanks a lot

Q1. This method needs to be done again after a reflash of a rom with clear data ? or is a permanent id change ?
Q2. Is there any chinese mmcblk0p5 info file for reverting ?

Contributor

@lagoskon

A1: Yes is permanent

A2: Nope, but you can make your own.

Meizu MX4 Pro

will it also work in future ? so we can upgrade to hopefully soon-comming-flyme-5-Global ? and do we get it as ota?

last edited by mx4pro
Contributor

@mx4pro that is very likely. But I doubt anybody tried it out so far. It may requires a bit more time to figure that out.

On the MX5 i can switch after the ID change between A I G as I wish… the global Flyme 5: stable and beta work on my MX5.

That’s all information there is righit now.

last edited by Ultrametric

@mx4pro said:

will it also work in future ? so we can upgrade to hopefully soon-comming-flyme-5-Global ? and do we get it as ota?

It will work till meizu tries to fix it by changing how they check if the device is international, which they might never change. When flyme 5 global Is released you should have no problems installing and should also get OTA.

last edited by Dysync

Looks like your connection to [GUIDE] Transform your chinese MX4 Pro into International was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.