Get root access on Global Firmware
Contributor

All you have to do is, install the UserCenter.

I extracted the following apps from FlymeOS 5.6.1.5 Test, using Titanium Backup.

Apps and Versions:

• AppStore 5.0.16
  • Browser 3.2.0401
  • Themes 5.0.4
  • UserCenter 5.0.6

Link: Chinese Stock Flyme Apps

Disclaimer:
These files are on my private google drive. You may install these on YOUR OWN RISK.

last edited by Ultrametric

Can I ask maybe a silly question…
If I install G with first way then I will have ota updates to my mx5.
When I"ll want to update a firmware without ota I just download it and then press install or I have to do something else again?
Cause if i just install it so simple there is no reason to keep the A version.

Contributor

@Dartaholics if you used Methode one from @Abaggie 's guide. You can install the G Firmware from the recovery / updater app. (+clear data)

And if you do so, you get OTA updates on your G firmware.

( as long your phone isn’t rooted)

@Ultrametric I haven’t done anything yet…
I’m just thinking of going from A to G…
Although I’ve use titanium and I have freeze all unwanted Chinese apps i think is better to have official Global with google play preinstalled as system app and without all these Chinese bloatware.
Of course i will download center afterwards so I can have root access again.
Are you satisfied of going to G from A…?

Contributor

@Dartaholics there is no Chinese bloatware! Most Apps are Flyme system Apps!

I’m not satisfied. A lot of important Apps were removed, like the Flyme account. And most languages are poorly translated.

But you can install the Flyme apps, yourself.

So it’s just a Chinese firmware with Google play store in the end :)

@Ultrametric this can be used on flyme 5.1.2.0G right??

Contributor

@arun-singh Yes. And it works there, tried em out.

Meizu MX5

Downloaded and got root but when I try installing adaway
Root does not work
Tried Downloading su and busy box
Won’t work

@Ultrametric hey thx a lot man. btw, can u please tell me how to sync the contacts since I just upgraded from 4.5.2.5i to 5.1.3G, and some of my contacts were deleted. I did sync it to flyme before I upgraded, but I just can’t find the way to sync it in the usercenter. is there a way to sync it? thx :)

edited: I just found out that the data sync option is not on my phone… Is there a way for it to appear? I really need to sync it once… that’s it. thx a lot sir :)

last edited by taigila
Contributor

@taigila it’s gone, 5.1.2.0 G had it. After installing the User Center, if I remember it right.

@Ultrametric said:

All you have to do is, install the UserCenter.

How do i unroot tho? I’m pretty sure just deleting the UserCenter won’t do the trick.

last edited by kostaa22

hello, i did actually installed the newest global firmware and the UserCenter was already on the phone, i can login to it but where normaly on “mzaccount-app” would have dot for settings, the UserCenter have instead there a dot for the scanner. wich means i cant get root premission somehow… did i unread here somethink or can help please?

Meizu MX5

Outdated, usercenter apk not gaining root access.

Looks like your connection to Meizufans was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.