Please enable / Bitte aktiviere JavaScript!
Veuillez activer / Por favor activa el Javascript!

[HOW-TO][ROOT] Get Multilanguage in Flyme 5 "A" Firmware

—HOW TO GET MULTILANGUAGE SUPPORT IN YOUR PHONE RUNNING A FLYME 5 “A” FIRMWARE—

IMPORTANT 1 : It should work for the majority of phones/firmwares but you should better USE MATCHING VERSION NUMBER SYSTEMS:
For instance a [Phone running 5.1.2.0A] and the [5.1.2.0G firmware update.zip file] .

IMPORTANT 2 : You need a rooted phone !

IMPORTANT 3 : Make sure to always have an update.zip on your phone in case of something goes wrong !

NOTE : I 've successfully tested this with :
-My Meizu Pro 5 running flyme 5.6.1.5 (A) beta firmware
-The flyme 5.1.2.0G firmware update.zip file.

STEP 1: GET THE NEEDED APK FILES
1- Download the 5.X.X.XG firmware update.zip on a computer
2- Extract system.new.dat and system.transfer.list from the update.zip using 7zip.
3- Use this tool > SystemExtraktor < to extract all system files and get needed apk files.

Needed apk files :
– “framework-res.apk” for the languages list
– “systemui.apk” for the statusbar and lockscreen translation
–“settings.apk” for the settings menu translation

STEP 2: REPLACEMENT OF THE PHONE SYSTEM FILES:
***1- ! Make sure to have an update.zip on your phone in case of something goes wrong !
2- Copy extracted apk files to your phone.
3- Copy and paste/replace each apk file in the right location using a root explorer ( i used SolidExplorer). !!! Do not forget to check the permisions !!!
Note: The phone should crash when replacing files but it should not be dangerous.

The files locations are :
-“framework-res.apk” > /system/framework/
-“systemui.apk” > /system/priv-app/SystemUI/
-“settings.apk” > /system/priv-app/Settings/

STEP 3 : SET YOUR LANGUAGE
1- Reboot your phone.
2- Choose your language in " Settings > Language & input > Language ".
3- Voilà > Enjoy your localized interface.

PS: Some other apk files that are not translated can be replaced the same way i think.

Pro 5 > Sold !

Thanks for posting it, in this section too.

Xiaomi Mi5 Basic

You mention settings apk. Does that mean somebody could make a stocked Android themed one?

@izi_lau “PS: Some other apk files that are not translated can be replaced the same way i think.” Does that mean we can have a certain Chinese app (Flyme Tools) in English???

Hi @ShadowOfDeth

If you are good at modding apks you can do what you want like theme it.

“Flyme tools” is not a system apk as far as i know, so, if it is not in english, it is because its developper did not include english/french/spanish… in the apk and i dont think there is other apk of this app that contained english/french/spanish…

Pro 5 > Sold !

@izi_lau Aw man that sucks. Oh well. I don’t suppose you’d be any good at modding the settings apk and theming it would ya? Not sure what the rules are here about what I’m about to say but, if yes I could pass you some beer money…

@ShadowOfDeth Sorry, i’m not good at apk modding.

Pro 5 > Sold !

@izi_lau No worries.

@izi_lau Hello, I´m a reel newbie at this stuff. So sorry for questioning again and again.

First thank you for ur work here…u all are a big help :+1:

But I have a problem using this guide to install multilanguage on an “A” version. My problem is at:
Step1 point 2 and 3…

I can download the last firmware of course and unzip the update.zip and get the needed system.new.dat etc. But how could I get the apk? From where can I get the SystemExtraktor? How should I create the apk?

Sorry for my english…I´m from germany and have tried my best.

I really apologize ur help.

Cheers

@Urumbel I’m so sorry i forgot the link to SystemExtractor… there it is : SystemExtraktor

Pro 5 > Sold !

@izi_lau No problem… thank u, will try my best later :smile:

Excellent guide! Many will like it. Gonna link this in our F.A.Q. the next time I edit it.

@Rey yes I was crying about meizus good idea to remove all language on a Firmware (and I use an A firmware…) but thankfully on this forum are already some tutorials how to solve the Problem :) one question, if I reflash/update Firmware do we everytime have to replace those files or is it permanent? and do we still get ota updates with this modification ?

@mx4pro you will have to do that after every update.

Pro 5 > Sold !

Can i use this method for adding multilanguage support for Flyme OS 5.6.1.12 test firmware (MX4) ???

https://meizufans.eu/forum/topic/4106/flyme-os-5-6-1-12-test-firmware-mx4

Looks like your connection to Meizufans was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.