Firmware install help

Hi just got my m2 note yesterday from gearbest with firmware 4.5.4.a now i think this is the chinese version which doesnt bother me but the rom has been altered by the shop or somebody,my problem is i have downloaded the official rom off here then i go to documents click on it but nothing happens just says extract or view no upgrade option.i have put the file in other locations on my phone but same thing what am i doing wrong please any help…

Contributor

@paul-gibson Hello!

Please read the F.A.Q. link in my signature. You can update from the Recovery mode: Volume UP + Power.

And I suggest you to transform your phone into the “global one”. Read Method 1 of the following link.
Link: https://meizufans.eu/forum/topic/2599/guide-how-to-install-i-international-firmware-on-your-chinese-mainland-meizu

I am confident that Gearbest fucked up your phone! So best is in my opinion.
To

• update + clear data to a public Chinese firmware “A”
  • use Method 1 of the guide
  • install whatever firmware you want (clear data, when you upgrade)
last edited by Ultrametric

wow thanks for the fast reply but i have tried to update from recovery mode but nothing happens says cant find update…

Contributor

@paul-gibson it’s very important that you name the update:

update.zip

and it has to be exactly update.zip

Also you have to place it into the root directory of your phone! Read the F.A.Q.

hi i read the faq and renamed update.zip and downloaded as update.zip but no luck…

Contributor

@paul-gibson in what folder do you have it, please upload a screenshot.

Looks like your connection to Meizufans was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.