Does the PRO 5 have support for Chromecast?

Has anybody here tried? I would like to order a Chromecast off of Amazon as the built-in miracast is utter rubbish.

Meizu Pro 5

Used a miracast device (not chromecast) and it does work fine

@Kikounet95 Miracast is awful! My TV has it built-in and it’s absolutely awful. Chromecast would be so much better.

Meizu Pro 5

@ShadowOfDeth At least mine is fine … Both quality/sound and smothness are good. Only problem I have is that HDMI signal isn’t detected by a particular device i would like to use with my phone (Pioneer SPH-DA120), so i’m looking for another solution …

last edited by Kikounet95
Contributor

Do you mean through the App, what exactly is the question.
All Chromecast needs is Android and it will work. If you want more please be more specific.

@Kikounet95

Get another Cromecast and connect it to your Appradio. Your Appradio Unchained APp will still connect to your Radio since your sharing the same bluetooth Network. So you can control your device with the Radio.

Now Mirror the Meizu to the Chromecast and youre done (Do Wifi Tethering, cause your Chromecast needs a Network). You got yourself a perfect wireless solution. (I had the same problem with my Appradio 3. Since all the new phones removed SlimPort and MHL compatibility)

Meizu Pro 5

@CrossCroissant That’s exactly what I did a week ago. The only remaining problem is the full automation. Didn’t found a efficient way to start casting (Arur won’t start mirror, Autocast give black screen, and missing casting button in quick settings). Otherwise it’s nice

Yeah, its tricky since AutoInput wont work. (A app which can Search for Elements and automatically click on them, so you could automate the chromecast steps)

Actually im using Tasker. It´s not perfect but work in 6/10 tries.

When my Appradio connects to my Meizu my task “ChromeRadio” starts. I does:

1. Set Wi-Fi Tether On
  2. Open Blitzer.de
  3. Wait 2s
  4. Open Chromecast
  5. Wait 8s (Chromecast needs Time to connect to the Wifi)
  6. execute different shell commands “input tap x y” (this is like emulating touch. My Device will automatically navigate through the Chromecast App and select my Chromecast for Mirroring

But if you accidentally touch your screen and scrolled by accident the simple “input tap x y” will hit the wrong buttons. Furthermore the system will not recognize a problem (maybe your Radio is restarting cause you used your ignition and the chromecast died and is not rdy yet)

It would be perfect with AutoInput. But when i activate it inside the “Bedienungshilfe” under settings (sry i dont know it in english, its below Dev Options on FlyMe 5) a few gestures won´t work. For example the latest app swipe wont work…

Meizu Pro 5

@CrossCroissant said:

1. execute different shell commands “input tap x y” (this is like emulating touch. My Device will automatically navigate through the Chromecast App and select my Chromecast for Mirroring

Another option would be to use DPAD (from tasker) or “input keyevent” (http://thecodeartist.blogspot.fr/2011/03/simulating-keyevents-on-android-device.html) but not perfect neither

Looks like your connection to Meizufans was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.