This is a how to for getting multilanguages in the A firmware of Flyme 5.
- Use matching version, e.g. Flyme 188.8.131.52A and 184.108.40.206G
- update.zip on the root of your phone
Sucessfully tested on Pro 5, running Flyme 220.127.116.11A test firmware, using 18.104.22.168G update.zip file.
STEP 1: GET THE NEEDED APK FILES
- Download the 5.X.X.XG firmware update.zip on a computer
- Extract system.new.dat and system.transfer.list from the update.zip using 7zip.
- Use this tool > SystemExtraktor < to extract all system files and get needed apk files.
Needed apk files:
- “framework-res.apk” for the languages list
- “systemui.apk” for the statusbar and lockscreen translation
- “settings.apk” for the settings menu translation
STEP 2: REPLACEMENT OF OLD FILES
- Make sure to have an update.zip on your phone in case of something goes wrong.
- Copy extracted apk files to your phone.
- Copy and paste/replace each apk file in the right location using a root explorer, e.g. ES File Explorer.
Do not forget to check the permisions.
Note: The phone should crash when replacing files but it should not be dangerous.
The files locations are :
- “framework-res.apk” > /system/framework/
- “systemui.apk” > /system/priv-app/SystemUI/
- “settings.apk” > /system/priv-app/Settings/
STEP 3 : SET YOUR LANGUAGE
- Reboot your phone.
- Choose your language in " Settings > Language & input > Language ".
- Enjoy your localized interface.
P.S.: Some apps might lack a translation. They can be replaced the same way.