[HOW-TO][Root Required] Get Multilanguage in Flyme 5 A firmware

This is a how to for getting multilanguages in the A firmware of Flyme 5.


Requirements:

  • Use matching version, e.g. Flyme 5.1.2.0A and 5.1.2.0G
  • Root
  • update.zip on the root of your phone

Sucessfully tested on Pro 5, running Flyme 5.6.1.5A test firmware, using 5.1.2.0G update.zip file.

STEP 1: GET THE NEEDED APK FILES

  1. Download the 5.X.X.XG firmware update.zip on a computer
  2. Extract system.new.dat and system.transfer.list from the update.zip using 7zip.
  3. Use this tool > SystemExtraktor < to extract all system files and get needed apk files.

Needed apk files:

  • “framework-res.apk” for the languages list
  • “systemui.apk” for the statusbar and lockscreen translation
  • “settings.apk” for the settings menu translation

STEP 2: REPLACEMENT OF OLD FILES

  1. Make sure to have an update.zip on your phone in case of something goes wrong.
  2. Copy extracted apk files to your phone.
  3. Copy and paste/replace each apk file in the right location using a root explorer, e.g. ES File Explorer.
    Do not forget to check the permisions.

Note: The phone should crash when replacing files but it should not be dangerous.

The files locations are :

  • “framework-res.apk” > /system/framework/
  • “systemui.apk” > /system/priv-app/SystemUI/
  • “settings.apk” > /system/priv-app/Settings/

STEP 3 : SET YOUR LANGUAGE

  1. Reboot your phone.
  2. Choose your language in " Settings > Language & input > Language ".
  3. Enjoy your localized interface.

P.S.: Some apps might lack a translation. They can be replaced the same way.

last edited by Rey

Isn’t easier and safer to convert the entire firmware from A to G using the guides in the faq?

@maxant69 For my usage, the A firmwares are better than the latest G firmwares:
Since the 5.1.2.0G you cannot set your Flyme account and use all related apps like Customize ( themes) , so you cannot root your fresh installed G firmware.

With this method i can keep my flyme account and root and have an interface translated in french.

Meizu took a VERY BAD decision by deleting multilanguage in A firmwares and deleting flyme account + root in G firmwares.
If Meizu continues in that way i’ll sell my Pro 5 to get another phone.

last edited by izi_lau

@izi_lau said:

@maxant69 For my usage, the A firmwares are better than the latest G firmwares:
Since the 5.1.2.0G you cannot set your Flyme account and use all related apps like Customize ( themes) , so you cannot root your fresh installed G firmware.

With this method i can keep my flyme account and root and have an interface translated in french.

Meizu took a VERY BAD decision by deleting multilanguage in A firmwares and deleting flyme account + root in G firmwares.
If Meizu continues in that way i’ll sell my Pro 5 to get another phone.

:thumbsup: Agree with you, their commercial policy is very bad and in the end it will damage their sells.

Contributor

@maxant69 I think it already does!

The Global Firmware is a joke to be honest.

it’s one bad decision but i understand , but not agré this decision , ex : in china the pro5 is at 420€ in france same model just international 540 € lot of pepole prefer buy in china rather in that country and meizu loose 120€ by device

that is the answer why meizu stop supported all language in firmware A … only for the buisnes

Contributor

@heisenberg66 and what is the global phone?

It’s to 100% the Chinese. The global phones do not support global 4G frequencies! Aren’t fully translated.

Meizu doesn’t lose money. Meizu just gets paid, as much as the phone is worth.

@Ultrametric said:

@heisenberg66 and what is the global phone?

It’s to 100% the Chinese. The global phones do not support global 4G frequencies! Aren’t fully translated.

Meizu doesn’t lose money. Meizu just gets paid, as much as the phone is worth.

i undestand what you mean but meizu see that differently i’m in france 800mghz band is not supported but it’s not a problem for me i have the 4g i’m in 2600mgz but it’s true meizu phone have a bad translation

last edited by heisenberg66

@heisenberg66
We can understand that they stop multilanguage support.

However why they delete flyme account related apps like themes and root access on Global firmware ?
They maybe want to avoid global customers “brick” their devices due to post-root manipulations… They dont want to have these devices to repair thanks to their weak international warranty/after sale support.

So… MONEY seems to be the reason there too ! LOL

Contributor

@izi_lau without the Flyme account it’s not possible to recover the phone if you forgotten the unlock pattern!

That’s a 100% guarantee to brick the phone for ever. It’s absolutely not a good user experience.

@Ultrametric Wow, they did not think about that i think! They took too much decisions without thinking about the consequences !

Meizu Pro 5

@heisenberg66 said:

it’s one bad decision but i understand , but not agré this decision , ex : in china the pro5 is at 420€ in france same model just international 540 € lot of pepole prefer buy in china rather in that country and meizu loose 120€ by device

that is the answer why meizu stop supported all language in firmware A … only for the buisnes

I prefer always legal/official equipment for use the warranty if i need to use it.
I only buy the chinese version because:
1.in october my old phone stop working
2.look for a smartphone and choose the best in the list that i made (include z3compact,z5compact, s6,s6edge,iphone6/6s/plus,etc)
3.in Portugal i cant find any official or not official store
4.in Portugal i can only find some old meizu phones such mx4
5.in Portugal i can buy a meizu with online stores… so…
6.i bought a Pro5 in honorbuy because the credibility and publicity in one of most popular site of technology (http://www.sapo.pt/noticias/tecnologia) - all chinese smartphones reviews used in this site cames from honorbuy
7.so… when i see avaiable pro 5 in honorbuy i bought it

  1. if i wait for any official meizu sell in portugal i would buy always an “old and not update phone”, maybe when meizu presents the new PRO6 or PRO7… not because the money…
last edited by smarq
Contributor

@izi_lau It’s worse.

They did the same in India, and people bricked the devices.
Yet those people did not get em repaired. Neither did Meizu fix the issue. (Within the last 3 months)

It’s much much worse, as it looks on first sight. Meizu seems to fuck things up on purpose.

Some companies want users to have a great experience, and so focus on the user experience.
Meanwhile Meizu does… just the opposite.

Edit:

For all the new comers and Meizu fans, who just start to getting to know this brand.

I like Meizu very much, I like it with all it’s flaws and issues. I am a fan of the true Meizu, that’s truely imperfect.

last edited by Ultrametric

REMOVED FULL QUOTE

Well thx izi for your tuto i have testing on 5.6.1.5 A work like a charm :smiley: :thumbsup:

last edited by Rey

Looks like your connection to Meizufans was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.