[How-to] bring Chinese versions of the system to "normal" working condition :) - my way :)

My long struggle with setting FlymeOS took me over a week and led to two situations that I’ve changed phone in brick. BIG Thank Meizu developers that update.zip file may also be in home directory SD card. Otherwise Meizu be turned into a real brick. First I use instructions to uload international version of the system, but after uploading did not work 4G network in my phone, thats why I decided to optimize FlymeOS system on my own.

1. Install the latest beta version
  2. Run root privileges (Settings \ Fingerprint and Security)
  3. Download and install Google Installer from AppCenter.
  4. Restart
  5. Download and install SuperSu (Chainfire) - Install Su binary - Normal mode and Restart
  6. Open SuperSU, and go to Settings ad install SuperSu to /System and Restart
  7. Go tu FlymeOS Security app Power\App Management and add to white list SuperSU, Google Play Services, Google Services Framework, Google One Time Init and Google Partner Setup
  8. Install Locale More from Play Store and set your preferable Language
  9. Create full backup of system services (apps) via Titanium Backup (Root)
  10. Install Delete System Apps (Jumobile) and delete Meizu apps :) (BUT be careful).

IMPORTANT: Always keep a file update.zip in home directory of internal memory, that you have installed on your Meizu !!!

PS. Sorry for my English :)

Can you write a list of Chinese App that can be deleted?

My deleted apps:
Calendar
Game center
Email
Ebook
Galery
System keyboard
Feedback
Laucher3
Life
Painter
Map
Music
Mzo2service
News
Notes
Personal
Weather
Browser
Meizu game framework
Smartvoice
Toolbox
Usim
Video
Chinese something (red round icon with microphone)

And all 3rd party (you may find them in update. zip)

@KoDy_PL many thanks man for shedding some light into this. Unfortunately most of us try Flyme for the first time (me included) and most of the things are a little strange to say the least. Let’s hope things will become clearer.

Why someone have to do all this and not just install titanium?
From there you can have a back up and then delete or freeze apps.
Also be very very careful of what you delete cause you may have issues if you’re not sure.
Every issue can be resolve with flashing ROM again with clear data…

Meizu Pro 5

@Dartaholics Using directly titanium backup is fine but it prerequires to have/manage a separate backup for both supersu and titanium+key apk and install manualy using file explorer… (you can’t simply backup supersu with titanium backup…)

KoDy_PL’s solution doesn’t need any requirement except wifi/data plan, can be done by newbies (should i say is idiot proof), and install latest versions (Titanium/Su) anytime/anywhere

last edited by Kikounet95

@KoDy_PL said:

My deleted apps:
Calendar
Game center
Email
Ebook
Galery
System keyboard
Feedback
Laucher3
Life
Painter
Map
Music
Mzo2service
News
Notes
Personal
Weather
Browser
Meizu game framework
Smartvoice
Toolbox
Usim
Video
Chinese something (red round icon with microphone)

And all 3rd party (you may find them in update. zip)

So you deleted pratically everything and use third part applications?

@albireox its my first time too. Befoere meizu i used oneplus one. Always with costom roms… Always modding as developer :)

@KoDy_PL I’m coming from OnePlus2 :). After about a week with the Pro5, I’m still impressed by its hardware and speed. Not so much about the software, lots and lots of bugs. Don’t miss the custom roms so much, but a stable OS.

last edited by albireox

@maxant69. Yes. Gmail. Chrome, vlc, etc. I do not like Chinese democracy :)
A lot of chineses smartphones have spayware installed.

@KoDy_PL said:

I converted Flyme OS 5.1.2.0A to Flyme OS 5.1.2.0G using the guides in the F.A.Q. Many chinese stuff are gone!

@maxant69 said:

@KoDy_PL said:

I converted Flyme OS 5.1.2.0A to Flyme OS 5.1.2.0G using the guides in the F.A.Q. Many chinese stuff are gone!

Thx for the information. Today I will try to install and test :)

My brief summary version 5.1.2.0G.
After creating and implementing system. img as described in FAQ, i restore to factory settings.
It is much better than on version A. The system has become more predictable. Google services are system processes.
Its nice :)

@KoDy_PL said:

My brief summary version 5.1.2.0G.
After creating and implementing system. img as described in FAQ, i restore to factory settings.
It is much better than on version A. The system has become more predictable. Google services are system processes.
Its nice :)

Can you please detail a little? In what way is better than the A?

@albireox less bloatware, google services and framework implemented in rom (system not user) . Security app different default settings (startup and power always on). No meizu accont needed to root device. More languages to setup. Accesibility service switching off only after restart.

Looks like your connection to Meizufans was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.