Red Light

Hi,
I have a little problem that doesn’t do really much but is a little worrying me.
There’s a red light always blinking on the top of the screen, near the capsule speaker:

Is visible by human eyes only when i set Automatic Brightness, is it normal or there’s something broken?
I didn’t notice since i’ve set a louder speaker volume in Engineer Mode.
I’ve already done a factor reset and nothing happened, there’s a way to reset Engineer Mode?

I have firmware 4.5.4I.

Many thanks.

last edited by ElladanMRK

Is the proximity sensor. Don’t worry.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Proximity_sensor
It’s normal and it’s on any smatrphone.

It’s the proximity sensor, but I don’t see why it should be turned on with auto brightness. It’s off when brightness is set on manual, and it’s off with Lux auto brightness, which uses the same brightness sensor. Could be just another bug.

@Character Another one, i’ll just keep auto brightness disabled, maybe wait for a fix.

EDIT.: Using Velis Auto Birghtness fix’d this bug, meizu auto brightness option uses proximity sensor to have a better autofix, this can be disabled in apps like velis auto brightness (ndr i think that this app is more accurate than the stock auto brightness).

This is strange. I noticed it now after I saw this topic.
My version is 4.5.4.1 and I also have it when the auto brightness is on and it dissapears when it’s set to manual.
I also noticed the light is on when the screen is locked.
Can this lead to battery drain ?

@kokoian I don’t know, but after that, i noticed the 20%-0% battery bug

That light is for determining whether if theres anything directly in front of your screen or not, and blocks gesture wake-up. So, if your device is, for example, in your pocket, this sensor doesnt allow it to be unlocked. And dont worry, it doesnt drain battery.

@Ertugrul-Kahraman said:

That light is for determining whether if theres anything directly in front of your screen or not, and blocks gesture wake-up. So, if your device is, for example, in your pocket, this sensor doesnt allow it to be unlocked. And dont worry, it doesnt drain battery.

No, Palm rejection can be switched off, it doesn’t affect proximity sensor. The sensor is always on with brightness set on Auto, and I suspect this causes another bug when screen stays black and unresponsive after you finish a phone call. At least for me this only happens when brightness is on Auto.

Looks like your connection to Meizufans was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.