Please enable / Bitte aktiviere JavaScript!
Veuillez activer / Por favor activa el Javascript![ Reload ]

USB Type C Question

Hello everyone, new user of a meizu pro 5, and very happy with my choice, but one question came to my mind, since the Pro 5 is equiped with a USB Type C port, will it work with USB 3.0 or 3.1 if I buy the correct cable ? Did anyone already try this ?

As far as I know, you could gain faster charging when connected to a USB3.1 compatible port. Speed wise, I don’t think you’ll see much difference.

Thanks for your anwser, I think I’ll tr to buy a USB 3.0 cable and plug it on a USB 3.0 port of my pc and see if it works.

Admin

This is senseless. As far as I can tell USB Type C features USB 3.1!

Contributor

There is more do it.

There is USB 3.1 Gen 1 (former USB 3.0) and USB 3.1 Gen 2. I think it got renamed.

And additionalle Type c just explains the shape of the USB device.
There is USB Type A, USB Type B and now USB Type C

And as far as I know, the Pro 5 has a USB Type C, but not the fastest one available.

However! USB 3.1 has 20V and 5A … so 40W charging posibility. The Meizu Pro 5 doesn’t use this. And I am pretty sure that the connector of the phone doesn’t support it.
So I am not sure if it’s USB Type C with USB 3.1 ( think it’s just USB 3.0 or USB 3.1 Gen1)

That’s just some info… and yeah USB devices are made to be compatible.

last edited by Ultrametric
Meizu Pro 5

Pro 5 doesn’t support MHL output (my cable isn’t working)… so probably not USB 3.1 GEN2

Meizu PRO 5 used Fairchild’s FUSB302 USB Type-C
So, the usb port itself can support up to 100 W of power. The problem is I think related to Meizu mcharge system and the way they programmed the usb port to work.
Also it should support MHL 3.
Main article
Main manufacture wrote in their main website that FUSB302 model support:
Full Type-C 1.1 Support. Integrates the following functionality of the CC pin
Attach/Detach Detection as Host
Current Capability Indication as Host
Current Capability Detection as Device
Audio Adapter Accessory Mode
Debug Accessory Mode
Active Cable Detection

I think you can use the eseekgo type c cable to charge for your meizu pro 5. It support USB type c port to charge fast. What’s more it is durable. You can have a try.

Looks like your connection to USB Type C Question was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.