[Q] Changing DPI on Meizu Pro 5

Hello all,

I’m new to the forum, but I’m quite interested in the Meizu Pro 5 phone. I’ve done some searching over the Internet, I still don’t know if I’ll be able to cope with the Flyme OS but one thing that bothers me is the very high DPI that Meizu phones in general use. So my question is : was anyone able to lower the DPI on the Pro 5, to say, 400? Is the GUI cropped or it shows correctly? Thanks!

@albireox I changed the DPI by editing the build.prop and it doesn’t look good. The way Flyme is you get a UI that looks odd. Makes a lot of it kind of offset.

If you can get app settings xposed module to work that would be your best option.

hi, on my Pro 5 I have installed the Texdroider app, its works great, only with root

@stefanoalegnini thanks for the reply. What DPI have you set? The apps look good or they are off center?

@albireox 400/420 dpi , the app is on the play store

@stefanoalegnini Nice one!It Works. Don’t notice any odd bugs in the UI either. Thanks for the tip.

@stefanoalegnini thanks a lot for your replies and good news. It would be nice to post some screen shots if you can. Are you on Flyme 4.5 or 5?

I’m on the latest flyme 5 beta in english and with the MoreLangs app installed I changed the os language in Italian, great app!

@albireox

Before:

After:

I know you didn’t ask me but I’m bored at work so deal with it lol
Probably just imaging it but things seem slightly snappier with a lower DPI…

last edited by ShadowOfDeth

@ShadowOfDeth thanks! Well, that’s very interesting, in theory it should be snappier at higher dpi, but this is good news anyways. It seems almost unbelievable that Meizu designed the interface to work correctly with other than stock dpi.

Contributor

moved this topic to the rooting section.

I confirm, as @ShadowOfDeth noted DPI 400 works correctly on Flyme 4.5.4 (the OS version I have right now). I didn’t see any problems, it seems all the UI scales correctly.

Just so anyone who’s interested in this knows:

On Flyme 5 after you select an app from the app switcher you will notice that for a split second the default DPI of 480 will be displayed before your new setting pops in. Not a problem really, just a slight cosmetic thing.

As far as I can gather it’s only when using the swipe up app switcher in Flyme 5 an other than that changing the DPI works perfectly.

last edited by ShadowOfDeth

@ShadowOfDeth said:

Just so anyone who’s interested in this knows:

On Flyme 5 after you select an app from the app switcher you will notice that for a split second the default DPI of 480 will be displayed before your new setting pops in. Not a problem really, just a slight cosmetic thing.

As far as I can gather it’s only when using the swipe up app switcher in Flyme 5 an other than that changing the DPI works perfectly.

You’re talking about Flyme 5.1.2.0?

@albireox Well kind of. Pretty much Flyme 5 in general.

Looks like your connection to Meizufans was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.