Should I buy the Meizu m2

I am currently using redmi 2 on Miui 7
This ui has a very big problem of notifications.
It doesn’t notify NY whatsapp notifications without opening the app
ALL I WANT TO KNOW IS THE MEIZU M2 HAVING THE SAME PROBLEM
please help me in buying this device

@Dejavu117 all you have to do is enable the app in background ( allow the app to stay open ) and you get notifications .

Contributor

@Dejavu117 Yes it has, but you can solve it.

I own an M2 mini with 4.5.4.2A and somehow I never managed to get the notification for some apps including Skype, IFTTT to name a few (not sure about Whatsapp which I seldom use), even after enabling them in the background. I ended up freezing the security centre after rooting the phone and it seems to have solved some of the problems but from my experience it is not possible to get 100% of notifications on that device.

last edited by Horomaniac

This phone has too many bug imho (see wifi, cursor, autofocus and so on)… And also seems that meizu forget to support this device (the international firmware was released few days ago)… If you can buy another device

The Security app is responsable for many of these problems. Try to move in quarantine and you will see that the notification, sudden discharge battery, apps stops in background problems will be history :)

@imagecam said:

The Security app is responsable for many of these problems. Try to move in quarantine and you will see that the notification, sudden discharge battery, apps stops in background problems will be history :)

How do I put it in quarantine? Sorry, total noob. First smartphone.^^ A Guide would be much appreciated.
And what “security” effect would it have on my phone. It is less secure regarding malware or something like that?

@ano20xx To quarantine the Security App, you need to root your phone first. Have a look here: https://meizufans.eu/f-a-q/. Then install Super User and Titanium Backup (or another Uninstaller app). Not sure whether your phone will be less secure once Security is frozen. As far as I am concerned, this app was more trouble than anything… Good luck! :)

@Horomaniac He can also use Quarantine app (also availble from Google Play and also requiring the rooted phone). Btw, it is safer to just quarantine (through Quarantine or also through Tintanium) the anwanted apps than really to un-install them. If things go wrong, one can easily un-quarantine and continue… if uninstalled and something goes wrong, he’ll need to re-insall the firmware

@Horomaniac Read your answer on the same day you posted it. I am sorry that I am so lazy in replies… so thank you for your explanation!!!

@zgfg You make a good point! I will put it in the quarantine mode then. Thanks.

Now I just have to find out how to make a backup.^^

last edited by ano20xx

Looks like your connection to Meizufans was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.